Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Tuesday January 18, 2022 Taxes

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday January 18, 2022

The walk under a brilliant full moon and few clouds augured well for a warm day today and it did not disappoint. It has been mostly sunny all day.

There are 2 days in January that I dread...  My Birthday is one.  The other is the day I gather the strength to go through the process of paying the house taxes...  Today was that day.  I gathered up the old tax payments and stopped to pay the Internet and water bills, and get enough money to pay the taxes...  Then it the anticipation of the usual run of the gauntlet, a long wait in line, finally get the paperwork and then go wait in line at the bank 2 blocks away to pay the darn things....  Well today was a red letter surprise day indeed.  First, there was zero line, and the paperwork was ready in 3 minutes.  But the kicker was we could now pay on the spot with the debit card!  I simply could not believe that I stress over this and it took all of 5 minutes!!!  Eureka!  A change for the better in Andalucia!!

There are 2 values that apply to houses in Latin America, the sale value, and the tax value, which is about 1/4 of the real value, so taxes are reasonable, 623,068 pesos or $154.55 USD or $193.73 Cdn...Annual.  Shoot!  I paid that monthly in Okotoks!

And when I got home the gas and electric bills were waiting...  I tried to get them out of the way too but I went too early to the payment place, still siesta time, ... so they can wait.

The Internet was bad, even after a restart, and FaceBook did not want to load.  RedBubble dropped once but I managed to save both uploads today.

Cristina needed to go pick up a claustrophobic kitten at her friend Martica's.  It did not like being in the carrier and hissed and jumped at you if you tried to get close.  We took the kitten to Zoonosis and exchanged it for 2 small dogs to take to Adiela's where the girls will clean and bathe them for adoption.

I really need a friend here to drag me out to go walking.  I am in such a rut... But I am a lot safer that way too.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Gorgeous day for a ride

Zoonosis premises on the edge of Tulua

New hibiscus bloom

Peach rosebud!

Princesa

It was a 4-dog day