Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday January 31, 2022 Movies

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

NOTE:  Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday January 31, 2022

Where oh where has January gone?  In 4 weeks I will be preparing to leave for Canada.  All the protocols necessary scare me.

Please note that I have added links to my 2 other previous Blogs above for info from previous years starting when we arrived in Ecuador in November 2011.

I felt a tad woozy this morning so I did not get up to go for a walk.  The neighbour's chickens get the dogs so excited when they tempt death atop our dividing wall.  I have taken to coming out with the hose and they scatter immediately without even having to spray.

Killer also decides that he is hungry a 2am, 2 night running.  I always make sure that he has water but that apparently isn't enough at 2am.  The extra food that I give him is all eaten and he goes back to sleep.

RedBubble lost my first upload today but was OK for the second.

I didn't take any photos today because I got caught up downloading 9 movies.  Occasionally I get so bored with NetFlix and I also don't want to re-watch some of my DVD's for the 100th time, so I hide my VPN, use Pirate Bay and QbitTorrent to download movies.  First I searched IMDB's Top 100 movie list and found a few that I have not seen, or simply don't remember, or haven't seen in forever.  It is interesting that I have the vast majority of the Top 100 in my repertoire.  Today I downloaded Amadeus, Citizen Kane, Chinatown, My Fair Lady, Psycho, Raging Bull, Some Like It Hot, Sunset Blvd, and The Apartment.

3 of the movies would not play because I did not have a supposedly needed Microsoft Codec and, in the past, I just deleted those because I objected to the blackmail.  Today I decided to see if the $1.35 Cdn would be worth the trouble.  It came off my debit card and all 3 movies now play on the computer.  After doing a little more research, I found that if I had just used my VLC Player to play them, I probably wouldn't have a problem, because they do work on VLC on the Smart TV...  Live and learn.

Sorry, no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.