Monday, January 24, 2022

Monday January 24, 2022 Horses

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday January 24, 2022

Around 10pm last night I heard the rapid clip-clop staccato of the Paso Fino horses.  This was the day that a Cabalgata is normally held in conjunction with a fiesta, every 3rd weekend in January.  It had to be cancelled because of the darn virus.  So there was only a group of about 20 riders that decided to ride on their own anyway.  As I was taking photos of the willing group at the corner, the fellow in the light blue shirt called to me in English and rode over, saying that he actually lived in the USA.  He asked where I was from, and then asked if I spoke French too.  I love meeting people like this.  His horse was simply magnificent and didn't budge as I petted him.

Last evening also, one of our plantain trees fell over of its own volition but the fruit it carried was much too young to be of any use.  So this morning I had to trim it out of there and did more trimming too.  Most of the rest seems pretty solid but I wonder if being in the "lake" area weakens them drastically..  I am no expert on plantains and the way that they continuously root new trees might eventually become a concern.

The morning's walk was mostly with a foggy brain and I couldn't wait to get back to bed.  When I did get up, and after I had trimmed the plantains, I briefly watered the plants again because the day was sunny and warm.

RedBubble dropped on me four bloody times while logging on so I did not bother uploading any photos today.   

Cristina was making Kraft Dinner for lunch just as my son posted a photo of Kraft Dinner on FaceBook....  Yes, I called Rod Serling...

Today we had a 1pm appointment to get our 3 poodle-type fur babies clipped again and are awaiting the call to go pick them up.  Apparently the cost for this will be 75,000 pesos for all 3, or $18.82 USD.   Keeping pets in Colombia with clipping and veterinarian costs is so very affordable compared to even Ecuador, and a tiny fraction of the costs in Canada or the USA.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Part of the group of riders last night

The guy on the left lives in the USA

His magnificent Paso Fino horse

Plantains after the savage trimming

Buddy and Nina2 supervising the watering

Raw OJ

This is a 1-inch gecko

He was so small I thought he was a caterpillar at first.

A shy hibiscus hiding

 

 

 

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT