Friday, January 14, 2022

Friday January 14, 2022 Oatmeal

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday January 14, 2022

The walk with the 4 dogs is something I really better enjoy before I leave for Canada, because I know that I will miss my doggies like heck.  I really should diet too but that is really hard for somebody as engrained with my good and bad eating habits.

Cristina wanted to go into Tulua again today so the bribe was to follow through with making a pan of Mom's oatmeal squares again...  So nostalgic and so good, they are all I had to eat so far today (part of my diet, lol) and I froze half the pan to save for later.

So I ferried Cristina to Tulua with the 3 co-pilots, gassed up on the way back, and then picked up my veggie supply for 2 weeks.  The Fruver place is run by some of Cristina's in-laws and the freshest stuff is on Fridays so I try to stretch things until then.  I bought for 10 meals and it was under $15 Canadian.

Friday is also poop and garbage patrol day and that is so much easier after the jungle has been cut and you can see the dumps...  While doing that, I decided that I better get off my duff and trim the plants and trees too.  Some strategic pruning is always necessary.  Right now there are no roses in bloom and some plants are overgrown, especially the bougainvilleas.  In two weeks we will begin to see real results.

Then I cut up my 2 heads of red cabbage.  Fruver didn't have the round, heavy green cabbage, just the airy oblong type which I have learned to avoid.  There should be enough for the 10 planned meals.

While doing that, I kept looking at our embarrassingly dirty drain board which wasn't cleaned by Claudia.  The Type-A personality kicked in and it is now sparkling, as is the sink and the countertop.  

I am sure that visitors from Canada would be shocked that most of Latin America works without hot water!   There are many ways around this, and really good soaps so things get cleaned well.  Showers are quick and, for me and my achy arms, they actually feel good.  I have always finished off showers with cold water anyway...

Coincidences happen all the time, yes...?  Today I was just reading my emails, while listening to my playlist of music,and came to one from Fine Art America that I had sold a beach towel with one of my impressions of Elvis and made a big $3.  "It's Now Or Never" came on my my music box by you-know-who....  So many of the songs on my playlist bring back old memories of good times with good people.  I hope to see many of them on this trip, or their resting places...

Oh, Jailhouse Rock just came on....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Everything is nicely trimmed

Saffron Finch

SF

Mixed marriage?

Plantain leaves

Tom Thumb