Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wednesday January 26, 2022 BOMB - UPDATED SADLY

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 26, 2022

The viewing of Ozark was rudely interrupted around 9:20pm last night by a humungous BANG that shot me out of my recliner because I knew that loud a noise could only have been a BOMB!  My first thought was that guerillas were targetting the police station.  A quick look outside showed every neighbour in the street.  I shut everything down and went for the Nikon.  I also grabbed my most secure and faithful dog, Turi.  By the time I got outside, our street was empty, but people, bikes and cars were streaming up at the end towards the main square.  Maybe I was right???  But no, police streamed in from everywhere and had set up a perimeter in front of City Hall where I paid my taxes last week.  This is 3 blocks from home.  Lots of broken glass, but no other evident damage, even in other buildings.  No evidence of people hurt, not even in the restaurant 2 doors away.  There was just a fire truck, police cars and policemen in the street.  The cash machine next door looked untouched.  There was no hint of further danger and nothing more to see, so I avoided the crowd and came back home.  At no time did I feel unsafe.

The scuttlebut in the morning was that it may have been a grenade.  I went by the area with Turi again shortly after 4am, and the damage seemed to have been restricted to the city offices' windows and one building kitty-corner.  People had put up plywood poorly to cover two now-open windows but what shocked me to the core was there was not ONE person, not one policeman (their office is just around the corner), and not one hired security guard, in sight...  What are the city officials thinking????  I just shake my head...............  but I still feel very safe here.

We had to be in BugaLaGrade's EPS medical office for my blood tests, etc by 6am and that only took a few minutes.   I had the urine sample ready beforehand but the stool sample did not arrive until the afternoon, despite a laxative pill at night.  I am to return in 8 days for the results.

On the return home, we received a phone call from Claudia that our neighbour across the road had called that our dogs were in the living room howling....  Grrrr  Despite our best efforts, they ganged up with Grigi to move the two barriers!  It is hard to be mad at such clever dogs, but now I might have to mess with my walls to keep the dogs from accessing the front area...

When I went out back I stepped on something and, upon closer examination, it appeared to be a tooth from Killer!  The debris around there suggested that Killer lost a battle during his favorite pastime of chewing on rocks... 

As promised, I did sit with the monopod closer to a fresh stream of birdseed out back to film the birds feeding for you:

The Birds  https://youtu.be/tVqW_nLkWyw

I tried to catch Tom Thumb as well but he was too quick and elusive.

After 2pm we returned to the EPS to try to deliver the successful stool sample but the @#$#%^&* refused to accept it on behalf of the lab rats!!  I have to return again between 6am and 7:30am tomorrow!  What a bunch of lazy, stupid #$%^&*(.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I picked up some fried chicken for a treat for supper after the medical restrictions are over.  I am stretching my veggies to tomorrow so I can get veggies on Friday when they are the freshest.

UPDATE - Just got the sad news that my older brother, Laurent, age 81, passed away this morning.  More news to follow to family.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

People rushing  the central square

It is not the police station that was hit

Broken glass at the buiding on the corner

It was City Hall that was hit

A police perimeter had already been set up

The restaurant 2 doors down is unscathed

The cash machine next door is intact

Why bomb City Hall?

My parting shot

 

The birds

Ruddy Ground Doves

RGD

EPS Medical office in BugaLaGrande

A short and pretty drive

A Killer tooth