Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday January 2, 2022 Hibernation

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday January  2, 2022

The surprise on my face last night must have said it all as Carlos and Ruby came by on their motorcycle to give me a beer and a few nuts for my Birthday.  I recognized his birthday 2 days before but didn't get out to bring him anything... (picture my sad face).

Today the walk with the 3 regulars felt great.  I could see a few stars and was surprised that there seemed to be a huge crowd near the church at 4:45am..!!  There were still fireworks going off in that area so I didn't subject the dogs to the noise.  Fireworks are pretty, granted... but we could give up on them because of the associated noise that harms our animals and birds.

We are all still fine here, knock on wood, (picture me tapping my head) and staying out of harm's way.  I didn't even slip out for bread to use for our yummy leftover lunch, I used hanburger buns from the freezer.

Adiela and Miguel say they are both on the mend, so that is a positive.

RedBubble decided to drop on me and lose the first artwork of 2022, so that is a big nail in their coffin, damn them.  

I realized that I had been neglecting to wear my magnetic bracelets because we were housebound and, honestly, that was the cause of the return of the arm pain!  I put my best bracelets on this morning and I swear that I felt immediate relief!  I am a believer!

Ana Julia lost her glasses and Cristina doubted she had even brought them here but I was sure she had been wearing them.  I scoured her room unsuccessfully and checked everywhere the dogs maybe had taken them.  We checked with Adiela and confirmed that the glasses should be here.  Cristina later located them somewhere near the television.

I am very thankful for all the New Year, Birthday and trip messages.  It is great to have so many good friends literally worldwide.  I really hope to be able to see as many people as possible on my trip to Canada.  At our ages, we may never see each other again and we must grab the opportunity.  My list of people to see is very long, and some are not exactly in the cities I will visit.  I likely won't have my own transportation in most and would be hesitant to drive anyway.  I don't really want to get thrown in jail over a 7 year-old bogus seat belt ticket in a parking lot.  I will only have my Colombian driver's licence and the Canadian licence has been expired for a couple of years so hopefully that is not a valid concern.  I hope we can meet up.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Our faithful Turi

Our quirky NeNe

Hibiscus the size of a large dessert plate

Sneaky shot of a rose

And another in full bloom

The tiny rose is opening slowly

Tom Thumb performed

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

Saffron Finch in an orange tree