Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday August 29, 2021 Racing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday August 29, 2021

Rocas disturbed me around 2am, wanting to get out of the bedroom, then I had an acid reflux attack (yuck..!!) so I didn't get any sleep after that.  I then basically had an anxiety attack as the continual challenges here are getting to me.  I got a note from external affairs that I just skimmed and I am certain it says that I MUST apply fo the Migrant Visa as well, notwithstanding my Resident Visa app, which upsets me to no end to have to pay through the nose for their inefficiencies at processing the resident visa application.........  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I am beginning to feel trapped here.

I had a short walk with the dogs this morning but nature called and I had to return home quickly.  I am happy to report that I made it in time.

I had to be at David's by 7:30am for racing today and Cristina wanted a lift to Adiela's so we left at 7am to make a stop at the bakery where I bought pastries for both groups.

We were supposed to watch Formula 1 at 8am from Belgium but it was pouring there, and even a run around the track to try to disperse the water did not work well.  It was just so dangerous for the drivers, not being able to see anything (no windshields or wipers) that the slightest hydroplaning by one car could cause a blind collision by others, so they kept delaying, and delaying, and delaying matters.

So we switched to watching a bit of Moto3 before gambling on watching MotoGP on tape delay, switching back and forth every 20 minutes so we wouldn't miss if F1 began.

MotoGP did not disappoint except that my #1 guy, Marc Marquez, crashed again, his fault, taking out promising rookie Jorge Martin.  The Espargaro brothers made the race interesting as they both toyed with podium positions briefly.  My #2 guy, Fabio Quartararo, was patient and waited for his time to pounce into the lead which he never relinquished, building up a very healthy 4 second lead.  Parity is achieved as shown in a grahic below where it has been 49 years since the top 6 spots were represented by 6 different bike manufacturers!  Exciting racing indeed.

We switched back ro F1 in time to see them attempt to shorten the race behind a pace car but it was not to be in that relentless rain.  If they couldn't get enough laps completed in one hour, half-points would be awarded basically based on their qualifying positions, assuring Max Verstappen of the win,.... and that is what happened....  We had to feel sorry for the thousands of fans sitting there for 4-5 hours in the rain and not getting to see any real racing.  Mother nature won out today.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.   Between RedBubble and Blogger I am so frustrated with the work involved to put out a nice product for you.  I literally had to upload today's photos one by one.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.




A very rainy day in Belgium.  F1 race delayed
The drivers can hardly see a thing.  Dangerous!

Better weather in Britain for MotoGP

 

Marquez crashes early, again

He is overly aggressive and it costs him and Martin.



The big battle is for third place.

Aleix Espargaro refuses to bow to Miller


Fabio cruises home


Espargaro takes third behind Rins

Fabio has a big lead to be Champiopn this year

49 years!
Congrats Fabio


Trying to remove water in Belgium still...

Funny rain rules

They try unsuccessfully to do a 1 hour race

A sad way to race