Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wednesday August 25, 2021 Taxes

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has sadly now been terminated.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday August 25, 2021

Yesterday, I wrote to the Colombian External Affairs dept again.  They have confirmed that my citizenship application of May 25 is in process but now my Visa and Cedula have expired August 1.  I sure don't want to get in trouble, or have to process a Visa and Cedula renewal which will just have to be negated or repeated respectively once citizenship is approved and I get my Colombian passport.  I have heard they are deathly slow with these things.

This morning we headed out for groceries but our escape artist, Negrita, bolted out the door.  Nina 2 is another one that likes to get out briefly, run to the corner, dodge traffic, then retreat to the safety of home again.  This morning was no different.

So we got stocked up on groceries, birdseed, vinegar, honey, veggies and more.  Again we had to go to 3 different places to get almost everything on our list.  I only got red cabbage today because the green stuff was the airball variety which I don't like,... they need to be round, solid and heavy.  Then we got fried chicken for the next couple of day's lunches.

We gave Zorra another medicated shampoo bath and I can see that while she hates the cold water, she loves the attention and massage and the big difference in her skin and fur.  Even her incontinence seems to have improved...

The kitchen sink drain installed by Carlos is always a bit of a problem but everyone here seems to think that accordion hose is good and acceptable.  They don't seem to realize that those ribs catch grease and food and whatever, and plug up easily...  I tried vinegar, then hot water to unclog the system.  I think it is better, but still not great.

At 5:50pm, (supposed to come at 5pm) our 26-year-old accountant Maira came by to give us the bad news and documentation for the income tax Cristina owes because of my money in her account.  You can bet your bottom dollar that we won't be paying any more taxes after this and the bank account will be kept really low.

The downside is that the taxes 2018-2020 are $450 CDN and her bill is $228.  I am less than thrilled.  Then we tried to pay online and systems kept throwing up roadblocks, even when we tried a simple transfer to her account with the same bank.  Now we have to wait for some code to be sent in 2 hour (what absolute bullshit) before we can continue....  When we get the code to be sent to cristina's phone, we will call her and she will return.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Bougainvillea beauty

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

Glowing white rosebud