Saturday, August 7, 2021

Saturday August 7, 2021 Animal Park

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday August 7, 2021

The garbage truck has been coming pretty early lately, like before 8am last Saturday, so I was rushing to get it done early, successfully.

Cristina prepared potatoes while I cooked up pork and corn for a nice lunch.  She likes to get me to cook more often now and I think I am winning over her taste buds.  How latinos can eat so much bland food is beyond me.  Arepas are no better than tasteless cardboard to me...

We left shortly after 2pm to attend a fundraiser at the Animal Park.  Claudia, Eliana, Daniel and friends sure put in a lot of work to gain a few pesos to continue their good work in saving their wonderful stray dogs and cats.  This was basically a garage sale and raffle event with sales of food too.  Right away I saw a new clock radio to replace the one I have which doesn't keep good time, gaining about 5 minutes a month.  I paid a retail price for it, but I didn't mind, it even gives me the temperature!  I am not sure that I will know how to awaken to the correct time, lol.

We had some fruit, empanadas and  Cristina had rice pudding.  Then I spotted a large, striking painting about 20" x 30", and wanted it...  But this was the raffle item for people who came with donations of dog food.  Then I was told that the artist, Jorge Orozco, was sitting right there, so we exchanged information and I will go look at his paintings available, maybe Tuesday.  He said they sell for only around 100,000 pesos, or $30 Canadian!!  He lives just 4 blocks from us.

I was wearing the white cowboy hat that Aram had gifted to me and I passed it onto Daniel.  He appreciated the chance to hide the sun from his head.  Yes, he still sucks his thumb at 19 years old, but he has a heart of gold and works hard for the animals.

Seeing all those beautiful dogs at the Animal Park just tears at the heartstrings as I would love to be able to just adopt them all.  They are hard to get adopted because they are older and most people would rather have a puppy that chews on everything.  These older dogs just crave a little attention and it takes so little to get their appreciation.

Kids were busy flying simple kites in the street and one would get way up there.  That is one thing I never did much as a kid.  It takes a lot of patience for sure.

I am getting later and later getting my salad ready for supper and sitting down to Netflix.  I suppose that is a good thing but I am going to bed later and not wanting to get up and walk in the morning.  I need to rebalance.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  After about 15 tries, I finally got them to upload in 2 sections, although the first section is backwards, naturally...  

 That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Older dogs need love too

Look at this handsome face

They just want attention

Jorge Orozco, artist

I love this

The garage sale setup

Our dogs this morning

Lunch was delicious

The animalistas look after all these gorgeous dogs

Claudia's girl, Sara

My new clock radio

Daniel likes the hat

Good kite height by these kids

Cristina doling out some attention

Watching things

Yes, all this is to support them

They have done nothing wrong