Friday, August 6, 2021

Friday August 6, 2021 Gold

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday August 6, 2021

The walk was 40 minutes late this morning as I got some extra needed sleep in.  But it is still enough to be before the actual sunrise in an almost cloudless sky.  We saw the little filly again today as well as old Amigo.  There were lots of loose dogs but they were all curious, playful and friendly.  I often let Princesa loose to have a little run and play with friendly dogs.

It was confusing about the start time for the Olympic Gold Medal soccer match between Canada and Sweden this morning as they played at night over in Japan.  I found a site that allows me to watch different sports (http://livetv.sx/enx/ ) here because it is difficult that mainstream media does not show much of interest to us here, certainly zero hockey and Olympics...  Now, if I can just sort out why I can't seem the get the audio feed on these streams, I will really be in business..

Hats off to the courageous, tenacious, never-say-die Canadian ladies who battled a clearly superior team but came up victorious this morning.  You made us very proud in this see-saw game with overtime and penalty shot sequence.  The ebb and flow of who had the advantage kept us on the very edge of our seats right until the very last kick.  I didn't need commentary to see the sweat and determination in all your faces.

Speaking of faces,...Am I the only one who thought that the Canadian team's coach has the face of a Canadian beaver????? lol.  Maybe she was the good luck charm and inspiration...???  

Sport isn't always fair, and we can revel in the elation that we won today when, really, we shouldn't have.  We tip our hats to the Swedish ladies who were better coached, better organized, and who always seemed to have a plan of attack in the offensive zone to set up good shots.  Honestly, Canada's team looked almost inept in the offensive zone, almost never taking the opportunity to run the ball to the end line for a good dangerous cross....  Sorry, that is the the old soccer coach coming out....  But is was superb goaltending and poor kicks from the dot that made the story today.  But a win is a win is a win.  We'll take it!

We have only one hibiscus plant in bloom at the moment which is decidedly odd as all the roses are regenerating and preparing to bud again.  Our bougainvillea never stops blooming.

And, I need to apologize to SURA who finally returned some of our overpaid premium for that useless life insurance.  Thak you.  Maybe that is finally over with.

I was in the shower and the mind was turning and, don't ask me to remember why, I was trying to think of the round-headed, map on the forehead, Russian President who started Perestroika and broke up the Soviet Union...  I could name almost every other President but his name would just not pop into my head and that really started to worry me.  A 1/2 hour later, as I sat down at the computer here, his face and name magically came to memory,... Thank God!  I was getting worried that I was really losing it.  BTW, it was Mikhail Gorbachev....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Congrats on a hard-fought win!

Today was Canada's day to grab a little luck,

We are so very proud of all these ladies!

Hibiscus bloom

Magnificent pistil and stamen

Pollen to be spread around

This is our only bloom right now

My gorgeous Grigi

Our tough Killer