Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday August 9, 2021 Outfits

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday August 9, 2021

That was a very nice rain last night and our lake was just beginning to form, but the ground was just so darn cracked and dry that everything just soaked in quickly. I welcome the timing of such a rain to clean everything and refresh the greenery.

I had not heard back from Miguel about an email I sent him where the Government appears to be trying to pick our pocket, so I sent him a reminder.

Cristina started to make some Kraft Mac'n'cheese Dinner so I took over because the directions make it too runny.  I cut back on the milk and added some real cheddar cheese and cut-up cheddar smokies.  That made a real nice meal.

The electrician offered to re-fix the misaligned popcorn maker that was burning all my popcorn, and Cristina was whining to go shopping for one specific item, so we went into Tulua.  We dropped off the air popper first and he said he was going out but would call us when it was done.

For Cristina, window shopping is fun, checking every clothes rack, and wandering around.  Of course, for me, it is torture, so I head for the nearest seating in every store.  She struck out on finding what she wanted, and all the clothes she tried did not fit right.  

We got the message that the popcon popper was ready so we headed to two more stores.  The first one had moved out and the last one was huge, jammed with good clothing.  Cristina went one way and I was killing time when I noticed some (no doubt knock-off) Pro soccer team jerseys and shorts combinations priced at 18,000 pesos.  I did a double-take, and asked a sales girl if I was reading this right, which she confirmed...  This is $4.50 USD per set...!!!!!  So I asked her if they had XXL, but no, just XL...  I could live with that, at that price.  So, picking different colours in XL rather than teams, I grabbed 5 outfits = $22.50 USD.  It is times like that that I really wish I did exporting....  Oh, and Cristina only bought one thing...  Unusual...

I got a message from Miguel that he was discussing the Govt problem with an accountant friend.

So we boogied in bad traffic back to the electrician Adalberto and retreived the air popper.  He said that he tried it and confirms that it is working fine.  I sure as heck hope so.

We were 4 blocks from home when Cristina got a call from Miguel.  He was at our door with his accountant friend, Angel, who had worked at Colombina Candies with Miguel and Cristina.  They were in contact with a female expert who wanted a couple of documents and we discussed our situation.  My attempts to protect Cristina by putting the house in her name might have hurt but luckily the tax forms show a much lesser value than what we paid and we may dodge a bullet there.  The next problem is the bank account which is in her name and I am only a signatory.  We will have to see what the lady has to say later.  I feel somewhat better about the situation now.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Last night's rain

It was really coming down hard

 

Most of it is already soaked in

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

The yard looks refreshed



Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

$4.50 USD outfit...

Hard to believe

Great price

XL might be snug??

I'll live, or gift them out..