Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday August 27, 2021 Ups+Downs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday August 27, 2021

Had a lovely walk this morning and met Negro who we haven't seen in a while.  We were also accompanied for a while by a dog like Don Cherry's Blue, so that will be his name too.

Unfortunately I did not have a great sleep because my hips and arm muscles were giving me grief, so I took an ibuprofen and went back to bed for 5 hours...  Then I decided that it was time to start dosing with the 6 Arcoxia tablets that I have on hand, one a day.  I can honestly say that I do feel better this afternoon.

I got a wonderful surprise when I saw that the Cheap-O-Air flight refund of $491.11 Cdn was in my bank account 3 days ago.  Gosh I feel like I need every penny that I can lay my hands on now.

To counterbalance the above,I saw that PriceSmart double-charged me for membership this year, so I have asked for a refund......

I got a silly form-letter reply from External Affairs which did not shed any light on my dilemma, so I had to write them again...  It makes absolutely zero sense to me to apply for my Migrant Visa again when I have already applied, 3 months ago, for the Resident Visa for which I easily qualify....  Maybe this will help speed up the slow processing of my application....

Cristina again made Kraft dinner, Mac'n Cheese, for lunch which is kinda boring without additions, like hamburger and spaghetti sauce, etc.  I'll have to show her how to cook with flavour more often (and she likes it when I cook).

And we had to wash Zorra with the special shampoo again (every 2 days) and her skin and hair are really doing so much better.  We are discussing taking her to a better vet, our friend John Faber Rojas, because we have little confidence in the new inexperienced vet at Huellas.  Zorra still has a slight choking problem that needs to be rectified, and re-check her incontinence which is quite sporadic.  She also has a little puss sac on her chest that could be drained.  Otherwise, we are really lucky that most of our 12 dogs are in reasonable health and are active.

We took Turi with us when we went to visit Cielo in Tulua for our fat-reducing injections.  Cielo's sister's cat was quite wary but laid back and Turi was a hit with all of the family.  The injections were done really quickly today.

Two of my riders for Sunday's MotoGP race have had accidents in practice so we will see how that affects their readiness.  We will be watching that after the Formula 1 race.

I have tried 3 of those La Liga soccer outfits now that I got so cheap and they are great, except they have no pockets.......  I have to take the Lumix out of my fanny pack to make room for wallet and keys.

I was contacted by Aram from Tennessee, where he is working for good money making wood decks for people.  His wife and daughter will be coming to check out housing and schools there next week.  They have been in Florida since June where schools are good but residences are bad.  Aram much prefers Tennessee with the better seasons and reasonable weather (and no hurricanes).

I hope you enjoy the pictures (BACKWARDS AGAIN).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

My darling Turi

Such a sweet dog we have

Cielo's sister's cat had this laid-back pose

Apparently she doesn't like dogs.

Lunch, which I spiced up...

Rosebud to open

Killer

White rosebud glows

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

Bougainvillea blooms

3 stages of a rose

Hibiscus