Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday August 20, 2021 Painting

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday August 20, 2021

Yesterday, we managed to walk between squalls so the dogs were happy.

Cheap-O-Air have confirmed a $391.96 USD refund for my unused flight from May 2020.  It isn't in my account yet, but it is a relief to know that I am getting that back.

I ran Cristina to help Adiela again for the afternoon on a blustery day with Nene and Turi as co-pilots.  On the way back I stopped to buy 5 pieces of fried chicken (2 days rations) for 10,000 pesos or $2.58 USD.  It hardly pays to cook here.

Later in the evening, Cristina called to see if I would retrieve her because the rain was everywhere.  Again, my co-pilots and I made the trip.

Today, we missed the rains again for our walk, but the constant rain has again started our little lake in the yard.  I hope it dries up good enough to get the lawn cut on Tuesday.  It is way too long now.

We went into Tulua to get the right shampoo for Zorra's skin/fur and found birdseed in the area too, as well as more popcorn to pop for me.

Cristina wanted to stop at HomeCenter to finalize the 150,000 peso credit we have.  Goodness, their customer service is just horrible as we waited almost 90 minutes for them to just get us a gift card in that amount.  We cruised the store a bit but didn't find anything pressing that we needed today.  And it was way past lunchtime, so we came home to eat the rest of the fried chicken.  Even the dogs got a bit.

At 4pm we went to pick up the painting we had commissioned from Jorge Orozco off of a photo that Cristina had of her and Christian.  While it isn't perfect, it certainly is better than I expected.  I has a couple of small flaws that we may get corrected later, if she wants.

The new dog, little Dary, is becoming one of the crowd now, moving about on his own and finding the yard to do his business.   We are keeping him it looks like, and I don't mind.  He is a sweet dog.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Original (reversed) photo

5-piece fried chicken + 5 arepas $2.58 USD

This was 3 meals

My salad is my evening meal before popcorn

Beauty of a hibiscus

A new rosebud

A little lake forming

Plantains growing

Golden Silk Spider and tiny hubby?

GSS

Aunt Nativa and Victor in the street

Jorge Orozco and masterpiece

Cristina is happy with it

He did a good job

Hanging at home

We have now moved it to the living room