Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday August 15, 2021 Emotions

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday August 15, 2021

The rain continued as I walked the dogs in a drizzle this morning.  Ana stayed overnight.

I was at David's at 9am to watch MotoGP race from Spielberg Austria's Red Bull home track.  The weather was cool and threatening rain which had all the crews on edge.  The rookie, Jorge Martin, is showing that he belongs with the big boys by grabbing the pole with a new track record.  Second was my guy, Fabio Quartararo, third was Francesco Bagnaia, fourth was Frenchman Johann Zarco, and fifth was my guy, Marc Marquez, in great position.  In tenth position was the eventual winner, but that is due to what they are calling "The Race Of The Century", because it had more exciting racing, crashes, twists, turns, weather, and then a monumental blunder in my mind... for an unbelievable wild finish!  Those who don't watch are missing some exciting racing.

Very quickly the race became a tussle between #93 Marquez, #20 Quartararo, and #63 Bagnaia.  Not losing sight of this pack was #89 Martin.  With 4 laps to go, heavy rain hit and the front was Marquez, Quartararo, Bagnaia and Martin.  South African, #33 Brad Binder was keeping up, #36 Mir following....

Now, riding on slick tires in the rain is dangerous (I know because of a personal very low-speed crash..) but I could not believe that 5 of those front 6 went into the pits to change to the spare bikes with rain tires.  Unbelievably stupid I thought, especially when Marc Marquez is renowned for conquering wet conditions...

So Brad Binder became the surprise leader, and, with only 2 laps to go, followed unbelievably by Aleix Espargaro and old favourite Valentino Rossi.  Brad Binder carefully nursed his bike around the corners as the former leaders tried to get back to the lead.  I didn't think it was possible for any of them to catch up, but I was wrong (is anybody keeping track?).  Unbelievable racing and more surprises to come...  Marquez stunningly crashed (finishing 15th, so I am really upset with the silly pit decision) and Quartararo made a wide turn mistake and finished 7th.   Brad Binder had no traction, no brakes, but enough of a lead to finish almost 10 seconds ahead of Bagnaia and Martin who did get actually fight back to podium positions.....  Absolutely astounding and crazy, and I am happy for Brad Binder winning by doing the smart thing and staying out on the track for 3 laps...  but I am upset that my riders blundered their way off the podium.  Whoever said that racing was boring??....!!!!

When I got home, I found that Cristina had gone to Roldanillo with Ana so I did a grocery run on my own.  40 Minutes, 3 places, and I was done.  I also found another popcorn maker at ARA at a good price so nowI have a reliable backup.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  You would not believe the fun (read grief) I have getting this damned Blogger to accept my photos in a decent order.   Grrrrr

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Gee, I only count 2 left turns, 6 right turns.....

Beautiful scenes from Austria

Does anyone hear the Sound Of Music?

I would love to be on that houseboat

Amazing beauty

Starters 1-6

Starters 7-12

Better start for Marquez than Quartararo

Big speeds

Quartararo takes the lead, Marquez 3rd


Heartstopping action as lead changes many times

Favourite Frenchman Zarco crashes

He is out

The top 4 jockeying positions

Marquez leads, 7 laps to go
Bagnaia leads again, 5 laps to go

Marquez leads again, 4 laps to go. Raining now.

Do they pit or not???

5 of the front 6 decide it is worth it to pit...

Brad Binder is now the surprise leader

Look at the surprise top 3 as Marquez crashes

Binder nurses a win with slick tires by 10 seconds

I thought he made the leaders look foolish.  Good!

Bagnaia manages to return to grab 2nd

Binder fully deserves the smart win

The top 9

The next 8