Saturday, August 21, 2021

Saturday August 21, 2021 Fans

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday August 21, 2021

The morning started early when Rocas decided it was playtime at 2:30am.  A good belly rub is always the ticket to calm a dog down and even put it to sleep.

The full moon this morning was like a huge yellow spotlight, low in the southeast sky.  It seemed like the streetlights were hardly necessary.  I took a shot with the phone but it was awful.

Midway through our walk we came by a yappy puppy at a home that sometimes sheltered Amigo, and also has a mare and filly in a pen, close to the Gym.  The puppy yapped and then ventured closer, wanting to play, happy to have company.  Then it wanted to follow us.  After half a block I turned back to bring it “home”.  They had a doggy bed and water next to an unattached leash.  I leashed the puppy and it was fine until we were leaving.  It wanted so much to follow us…  And, I just wanted to put it in my pocket and bring it home too….

After poop (hard to find in that jungle) and garbage patrol I took Cristina into Tulua to spend the day with niece Ana.  On the way back, my co-pilot Turi and I stopped by the electrician to pick up my broken fan, which I replaced yesterday with a bigger fan.  When I got back home I took the broken fan apart, saving the screws and the fan blade.  I had been saving a very old broken fan of Cristina's that just wouldn't quit precisely for the opportunity to put on a fan blade...  The blade is much smaller and I needed to drill the center hole to fit the bigger fan but, hey, it works, even though it doesn't have a protective screen cover.  It will only be used in rare instances where personal or dog contact won't happen.  This is part of the training from parents who lived on the farm in the 30's and had to fix and repair things rather than run to Home Depot like today.  Waste not....

Then I hadn't seen Tom Thumb around the feeders so I decided to change the nectar and he came back quickly enough.

Lunch was 5 cheddar smokies with cheddar cheese and mustard on warm, soft sesame seed buns.  2 of those on the buns for me and 3 cut up for the 12 dogs.

There was some spilled hard dog food near Killer and I went to pick it up but there were 100's of microscopic ants below.  I got my sprayer mix of Dawn liquid and water and sprayed the area.  Instant death as it somehow breaks down their skeletal covering.

I did more cleanups and then it was nap time for most of the afternoon.  Cristina and Ana will be home late.  They are enjoying visiting relatives in Roldanillo.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Highway to heaven

I love the drive but not slow drivers in the fast lane

Old fan stand for future use

New blade on old fan

Feeders refilled for Tom Thunb

Perfect rosebud

Golden Silk Spider and meal

GSS