Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday August 12, 2021 Banking

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday August 12, 2021

Last night we met with our new accountant, Maira, who was referred to us by Miguel and his friend.  Nice and knowledgeable, but a young 26 years old.

There was a rain at 4:30am so I delayed until 5am and had an abbreviated walk with my main 3 dogs.

The morning was a rush again today to get in line at Bancolombia for 7:35am for the door opening at 8am.  I had forgotten that I had a paper to actually make a viable appointment using a phone app, so that is on me, but later research into the app shows that nobody is happy with a recent upgrade that has lots of bugs....  Oh joy....  Then Cristina would not listen to me so we were in the wrong line-up and were standing outside in the sun until 9am!  When we finally did get in to see an "assessor", he gave us one document we needed but refused to give us documentation showing that I am a signatory on the account.  I was so angry that I overrode Cristina who accepts these idiot responses as gospel and I went to see the Assistant Manager.  Cristina tends to get severely off-track when a very simple explanation is all that is needed.  The Assistant Manager sent us to another "assessor" who initially was also going to refuse such a document but finally relented to my logic and gave us what we needed... 3 hours at the bank!   They are so slow at everything and long lineups are acceptable as the norm...  At least in Ecuador they had a separate lineup for the over 65 crowd.

Why are we doing all this, you ask???   Because Cristina has somehow gotten on the radar of the income tax jokers here called DIAN.  So now I am jumping through dozens of hoops and providing sensitive information to show that she hasn't made one cent since we got married.  I have to prove that all our income comes from me and my pension, and more.  I also prove that my income is Canadian and that I pay Canadian income tax and transfer money here as required.  I also have to prove where I got the money to buy our house, again....

At 5:15pm I took all the scanned documents to Maira and she seemed pleased at my thouroughness.  I worked in a bank many moons ago so I got a good grounding in checks and balances.  I maybe have given a little too much sensitive information but I doubt that anyone could subvert my accounts without my knowledge, thanks to the checks and balances of my bank.  She will only use what she needs once she finds out exactly what they are wanting.

Cristina has spent the afternoon with her sister Adiela, so Claudia came to look after Killer and the kittens.  She came here between good rain squalls and got a lot done.  I was shocked to see that Killer is now curling in his right front foot so he does a face plant into the cement when put in his wheeled cart.  Poor guy!!  Claudia knows bout it so hopefully they are looking after him on that score.

I admit to getting awfully stressed out about all the BS I am having to deal with here, like citizenship, DIAN, car insurance, Covid travel restrictions, etc. etc.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Cheddar smokie with cheddar cheese and mustard...

Another soaking rain

Tom Thumb

TT

More rain

I asked for it.....

It is no longer soaking in quickly