Monday, November 8, 2021

Monday November 8, 2021 Memory

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday November 8, 2021

The morning walks suddenly seem to be more of a drudgery than exercise but I won't quit them.  I know that I won't, because my dogs love them and I know that my health would suffer more than just sore arms.  I actually just put on the TENS machine again because the arms are really bad this evening.  I put the pads on acupuncture mode on the outside shin just below the knee.  It actually helps a lot to follow the chart I have for those accupuncture or reflexology points.

We did a major grocery run to Olympica today but they didn't have livers for dog food.  The veggies were pretty good and they even had pre-prepared Guanabana pulp and birdseed.

Then we picked up Igor at Wolf's and went to LA14 mall for lunch.  We decided on Chinese food at Mr Wok and that was a nice change.   It was informed that David was cremated and the decision was made to spread his ashes at Lago Calima (lake) as reminded by his girlfriend Irma.  I seem to recall discussing that with David at one time.  That should happen some time this week.

Igor raved about our phenomenal clouds, especially above the coastal cordillera where we usually have big white fluffy cumulus clouds being attacked by other clouds of every description.  I am so accustomed to seeing them, but they sure do add to landscape shots like those below.

Then we drove Igor to the bike shop that is repairing his rental motorcycle which made funny noises on his test run, in spite of a completely rebuilt engine.  It sounded like the piston was banging on the cylinder head.  Better to have that fixed well before he goes on his long trip.

We made a quick stop at the cemetery and were dismayed to see that the ants were again decimating the shrubbery.  We need to apply more poison.

The photos today are with the Lumix which still does a great job outdoors, and especially for panoramas.  I can't find a shop to repair the zoom yet.

I was slightly dozing this afternoon and, as has been happening a lot lately, I get into strange reminicenses of ancient events in my sordid life.  Today, my brain sequence went something like this:  "Gosh I miss playing cards,  We used to play Smear for 2 people, 9-5-2 for 3 people, and Rook for 4-5 people (always the most fun with 5), and Pass The Ace for more folks.  Smear was always competitive, but shit, I forget how to play it, it has been so long...  Dang!  I forget how the points went..  Oh wait, There was High, Low, Jack, Jack (left bower, jack of the same colour), Joker (High coloured Joker), Joker (Low black Joker), and Game (for whoever had the most points..)  And the hierarchy was A, K, Q, HJ, J, LB, 10...2, LJ.  Total of 7 maximum points, reaching for 15 points to win the match and we went backwards many times for overbidding the trump suit in a night.  Ah, and we dealt 6 cards and could discard and replace cards once bidding was over.  I remember changing all 6 cards more than once.. lol.  That was it....  How in the world did I remember that??  And we had such competitive games with who...????  Oh, gosh, it was to while away time in the boarding houses when I started with Scotiabank wasn't it???,... but with who??  OK, now I remember it started in Mrs Taylor's boarding house way up on Elbow Drive, then we both moved to a boarding house in Mission district of Calgary ,  ..  But with who???  I am getting an image in my mind of a tall Swede.  Yeah, that was it, a tall guy with a strong jaw...  He sold cars on MacLeod Trail near the Casa Linda Motel where we always stayed as a family, then later at Southridge Mercury....  How can I remember this??  Wait, his name was Swanson, yes... Al Swanson...  and he had a son, Lynn Swanson who lived on the army base below Red Deer.  Yeah, Penhold, close to Pine Lake where my sister had their 5th wheel for 2 years. Gosh I had so many great times with Al Swanson who was a mentor to me and yet, here it is, 53 years later, and I have seen him maybe twice since, and basically forgotten him...  Shame on me!!!! I should try to find out if he is still alive."

I don't know what it is lately, but the boredom is certainly driving me to remember a lot of things, people and places, from my past,... and a lot of regrets mostly which were learning experiences, but still regrets.  So many things that our shyness let slip away, and the many mistakes that we made.  I have much BS to fill a book, but really I would be embarrassed to mention a lot of things (don't we all??) and to have to mention names would scare me....  That doesn't mean there weren't a lot of superlative times and fun memories we had with many friends and relatives.  There sure was plenty of that, and we have made so many good friends and acquaintances over the years and not had to burn many bridges, ...still friends with almost everyone....  That is a good thing.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Always a fantastic view here.

Just look at those clouds we have almost every day.

Thanks Igor for reminding me of their beauty.

More beauty

And another

And more red and white roses on the way!