Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday November 5, 2021 David

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday November 5, 2021

Last night Aunt Nativa came by with the news that her brother, Uncle Rodolfo, had passed away.  I had never even heard of him before.  No detailsyet as to when the prayers or funeral would be.

This morning we heard that prayers would be today and the funeral tomorrow, so I drove Cristina in to Adiela's at 9:30am.

Then I went to pick up our Serbian friend Igor who was having coffee with Wolf at Berthold's German cafe.  We wanted to be alone to compare notes about David, whom he had spent an hour with yesterday.  We drove to David's place to check if David's assertion that his house was "gone" was true.  It wasn't empty, everything was still there, so that raised a lot of questions about David's mental condition.  David had sent us all messages in such a slow, breathy voice that we knew he was in really bad shape.  There are many inconsistencies and incongruities emerging that don't make much sense to us.  Earlier he just wanted to fade away and now he wants to live longer...  We are not impressed with David's kids who have never come to visit him....

We came to Parche Tranqui restaurant here to have brunch.  Igor had the omelette and I had the Nachos while we compared notes.  David is feeling trapped and in prison at the clinic but strangely emphatically does not want to return home.  He says he wants to go somewhere where they will treat him like a person.  Alex is with him 12 hours overnight in a plastic chair and his sister the nurse is there during the day.  Apparently they do all the changes and cleaning necessary which sounds ridiculous to us.  I pointed out that David had the same EPS coverage that I do and we both go to the BugaLaGrande Hospital if we have any problems.  I don't think David has ever used it, preferring to pay out of his pocket at a closer clinic...  The Hospital there was magnificent in its treatment of me when I had contracted Dengue Fever, so I suggested that they get him transferred there where his care is already paid for, and staff will do the proper checks and changes.  That should be a huge load off of Alex who must be at his wits end.  

Igor will be around a few days until he gets his rented motorcycle and starts touring Colombia again.  I tried to show him the nice place with the pool, fidh pond, petting zoo and horses that we could rent for events or the like.  Apparently it is now just a private place with no rentals...  Drat!  There goes some of the plans I had in the back of my mind for any visitors.   We did a small walk to the east side of town and then had fruit drinks in the park.  We saw what looked like a vaccination tent in the park so I asked what was happening and showed them my Sinovac vaccination card.  They said they were innoculating with Pfizer and that I could get it after the 12th....  We will have to check this out!

I was napping when Claudia came by to get Hanna for treatment (I heard chemotherapy mentioned).  From the bedroom I can't hear her bike beeps or the doorbell.  It is the canine doorbells that got me up loudly to answer the door.  

I got a call from Cristina saying she was at the prayers for the Uncle and that going to the funeral tomorrow is not necessary.  She said that Miguel mentioned going fishing tomorrow and I was free to go, so I called him.  He said that a friend had told him of a good lake near Roldanillo and he would call me around 7:30am to solidify a time.  I mentioned to him that he needs to check with Adiela about a route there, because Cristina claims the main highway there is under construction so they were forced to go via the back road through Rio Frio....  This could be interesting....

I watched a riveting and scary Australian series, Secret City, on NetFlix.  The drama about government intrigue, spying, false flag operations, assassinations and much more is mind-boggling.

I am now into another Australian series called Stateless.  It is about 4 people in a refugee detention center.  It is developing an interest in the plotline.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Innoculating with Pfizer???

Love these old monstrous shade trees

A view across the city

The church