Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday November 19, 2021 Chores

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday November 19, 2021

The little filly was in the pasture this morning under so much cloud that we could barely tell where the moon was..  2 blocks from home we came across a pair of identical almost-white cats with orange rings on their tails, like bookends for the house they were guarding.  Gosh they were gorgeous!

All that cloud meant rain had to happen and it did send us a nice little soaking.  During a break in the rain I did the poop patrol and the garbage collection later.

RedBubble lost one of my artworks today again.  Grrrrr

Now Google is indicating that we have to sign in soon using a bloody code from our phone!   What if we are out-of-country?  I do appreciate security measures behind the scenes by the suposed experts, but forcing all these extra security codes sent to our phone is getting to be a royal pain.  CIBC does it too often,.. Yahoo, Google, and who's next??  No apparent alternatives either...  At least CIBC can send a code to a secure email (obviosly not Google...).

Facebook was unreachable for a while this morning with no warning or explanation...

The plastic birdfeeder had fallen a few days ago and I finally got around to fixing it yesterday and I re-installed it today.  I really have to get better string to hold it.

I took Cristina into Tulua to help her sister Adiela once again and to bring them our plantains.  I don't know why she gives them all away when she likes them...

Today is some special no Govt tax (VAT, GST, etc) so maybe it is a good thing that we had our co-pilots Princesa, Turi and NeNe along.  Otherwise I would have been tempted to go make a major purchase at HomeCenter... Lawnmower??

The Parche Tranqui Restaurant nearby that I like so much for their omelettes or nachos appears to have closed their doors and I am heartbroken.  I ordered lunch from them and got no reply, so I went by and even their signage is all gone.  

So I went to a restaurant we have started to frequent again in the next block.  The seating was limited because they were doing renovations to 1/2 of it, probably expanding the second floor eventually.  A young guy was putting up the forms for a concrete beam and I had to take a photo.  Yes folks, this is what passes for quality construction in Latin America....  Mind you it helps to slope the floors in a rainy country where the roofs are dodgy...  Maybe that is the excuse for a crooked beam...

Lunch was excellent though, a huge pork cutlet, rice, salad, beans and drinks came to 11,000 pesos or $2.81 USD, and I was stuffed!

Then I slipped over to cut Victor Hugo's hair with our clippers because Cristina kept making excuses since Monday and I was embarassed.  It took about 10 minutes and Victor was very grateful.  He is such a good kid.

Our flowers are developing nicely now so I took some shots for you, and also a video of a dancing leaf that you might enjoy:

https://youtu.be/BgzYx9wWvxc

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

This is what passes for quality work here

Aha!  It is announcing its opening!

This one won't be far behind

Look at this beauty!

Still blooming here too

Feeder re-installed

A cute butterfly stopped long enough