Thursday, June 17, 2021

Thursday June 17, 2021 Pizza

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 17, 2021

Fairly early this morning we received the 3 Mosquito killers that I had ordered.  I fired up one because we had to supply our own AC>USB connector.  This was marketed as having been invented by an autistic teen so I got sucked in.  The packaging and instructions are in Chinese, with a portion in English but obviously written by a Chinese person....  Basically the instructions are to run it for a few days in a dark room to allow the blue LEDs to attract mosquitoes.  No instructions at all on how to open it to clean them out....  Of course I am expecting miracles from this..... lol.

Then I decided to set up the nice hammock given to us by Aram before they leave Sunday to go to the U.S..  There was only one location we could use it and, it will work OK there, although it may be in the afternoon sun.  Then while I was in the mood, I played Mr Fix-It with several little things.  I was tempted to have another fire but didn't trust today's breeze to keep the neighbours from complaining.

We got the news that our vet friend, John Faber Rojas, had severe Covid and was being intubated.  However, I was in contact with his son who said that he is stable now and slowly on the mend.  When I had Dengue Fever, I can remember wanting to just give up because I was so woozy and sick that I couldn't even walk to the bathroom safely.  It was truly scary.  I can't imagine the awful feeling that Covid could give a person.  Even though I have received 2 doses of Sinovac vaccine, the effectiveness for mild doses has apparently mixed reviews, so I still take decent precautions.

Liliana and Jireh were too busy packing, etc to get away, so only Aram came with us and we decided on Pizza over Chicken.  Good choice!  Aram and family don't eat meat so we let him order a large chicken and vegetarian pizza while we shared a medium loaded with meat.  Cristina even sneakily ordered onion rings which was a nice blast from the past.  We each had a nice coconut lemonade as well.  Total bill was 94,000, or $25.20 USD.  It is really rare that we splurge like that.

We brought Aram home and stopped in at his request.  They are flying a rinky-dink airline out of here that only allows 20kg of luggage and had no way to weigh them so we ran home to get them our kitchen scale which is deceptively accurate.  Aram's suitcase weighed 16.9kg so Liliana will be able to squeeze some of her overload into his.

They have sold all their furniture and the buyers have been relentlessly pestering them so much so that they are lettting them take everything tomorrow.  Jireh can stay with the Grandma down the street so I felt it only right to offer them a bed for a night or two if they need it.  We'll see what happens.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Looks like a flying saucer visiting

This is the fearsome Mosquito killer

All Chinese on the box

The new hammock

I did kinda repair some of the strings

I actually think that I will cut most of those off

Golden Silk Spider

Maybe my best ever shot of it

Large vegetarian Power Pizza

I am stuffed from eating 1/2 the medium meat-lovers

Aram is going to the USA to work

Photo by the waiter with my old phone