Friday, June 25, 2021

Friday June 25, 2021 Covid

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday June 25, 2021

This has been a busy day.  I started taking the hemp oil drops again 2 nights ago at bedtime and actually slept good both nights.  I hope that continues!

I got a note from the Canadian Government that they were relaxing rules for entry into the country for vaccinated persons, and I was all excited until I read further that they only accept certain vaccines... not Sinovac, for instance. Someone said that, due to politics, they are unlikely to approve Chinese or Russian vaccines so we are back at square one...  Ridiculous!

I strengthened the patio posts further because..... I felt they needed it.

We did a quick trip to D-Uno for milk, etc (lots of etc when Cristina is along), and a quick stop at Nativa's to hand drapes, then a stop at Fruver for some green apples.

The brother of one of Cristina's Roldanillo friends died quickly of Covid at about age 51.  We went into Buga for the funeral at 3pm, getting there about 1/2 hour early.  The church is very tall and really plain.  Inside the doors, a caretaker had his motorcycle out of the sun...  The priest was sitting in a black t-shirt and jeans, behind the altar, yakking on a cel phone before wandering about.  About 5 minutes before mass time he put on the robes.  The family and cremation box were a little late.  Cristina greeted her handicapped friend for about 15 seconds.  Regardless of burying a family member with Covid, the family was in 2 tight groups with zero separation.  I wasn't about to go hug any of them.

When giving his overly long coffin speech, the priest was holding a large crucifix which he kept jabbing about to make his points.  I really thought that was pretty disrespectful.  He also could not harmonize at all with the church singer, singing surprisingly off-key at every turn.  But, it was all over by 4pm and strangely Cristina refused to mingle with her friend and the family so we left.

Driving within 2 miles of Power Pizza after 3pm creates just an irresistible urge.  Today we had bacon, ham, and double pepperoni!  Add the chilis, parmesan and oregano, and you have an unbeatable combination... best pizza in Colombia!

I might have to sell the car.  I don't mind helping someone out in an emergency but I'll be damned if I am going to be everybody's free taxi.  Cristina is constantly volunteering me and I am totally fed up with it already.  Now she want me to go back to Buga to get her friend that she didn't bother to stick around and talk to, .. and she has volunteered me to take Aram to Tulua tomorrow to shop for socks, and a present for somebody in the USA.  I am so thrilled... Grrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lovelier every day

And another opening

Tom Thumb

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

Giant African Snail

Lots of buds coming

GSS

GSS

TT

TT

Seven GSS

GSS

GSS

Iglesia La Merced, Buga

A funny sight inside a church

Nothing ornate here

I liked this statue though

One of the family groups with no separation

Power Pizza is the best

It is even better with the trimmings