Monday, June 21, 2021

Monday June 21, 2021 KIA

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 21, 2021

It is the summer solstice, so North Americans please enjoy your longest day.  Our days here are pretty much 12 hours every day of the year.

A friend from South Africa pointed out the following... At 21 minutes past 9 this evening, it will be the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st week of the 21st year of the 21st century.  To that you could add 21 seconds, I suppose..... 

I was out the door at 7am for a 7:30 appointment at the KIA dealership for my 6 month warranty check.  I had asked for the earliest appointment so they could rush this through in the morning, and skip the car wash if necessary.   The service writer was a sweet young lady, quick, efficient and knowledgable, which surprised me, especially when she pulled out the air filter and the heater filter to show that they were both good and only needed to blow them clean.  She said to return at 11:30.  Perfect!

I then walked to visit David whose been having a rough health week.  His housekeeper Claudia served a great soft-boiled egg with toast breakfast while David copied some classic movies I had brought him.  Then we watched "How To Steal A Million" with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole.  I find it impossible not to fall in love with the quirky Audrey in whatever movie she is in...  She is so darn cute, vulnerable, and smart.

KIA phoned to say Lizzie's battery needed replacing.  There was no point arguing, right??  Grrrrrr

It was reported that (German Restaurant) Zenaida's sister passed away from Covid.  I also found out that our vet John is now home and slowly improving.  A bad bout of Covid has lasting effects (something like my bike accident).

As I was about to leave, Alex showed up with supplies for David and offered me a ride on his moto back to KIA.  I accepted and realized how much I miss my scooters, Toxic, and especially Buzzer.  The fresh air and freedom of movement in traffic is sorely missed.

Lizzie, surpisingly clean, was almost ready and I declined to take the old battery, while they took the time to show me the new battery.  So the bill for the warranty check, oil change, new battery and car wash came to 725,000 pesos, or $192.78 USD.  I wasn't expecting the extra $100 or so for the battery but it still amazes me how much better off we are here for prices.

Since I had had very little sleep last night a nice afternoon nap was a welcome thing.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Some Ibis on the way to David's

David watching the movie

Golden Silk Spider

1 of 5 peach rosebuds

Killer getting some shade

The dead GSS still hasn't been removed

1 of 5 multi-coloured rosebuds

Lizzie is all spiffy and gassed up, ready to go