Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday June 26, 2021 Thankful

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday June 26, 2021

We took our walk this morning and caught a wonderful surprise out of the corner of my eye.  Charlie the Chestnut appeared to be in the center of his pasture.  I saw the head with the big white blaze move about but he did not come to the fence to greet us.  Maybe tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well last night but did have a good afternoon nap while it was really quiet.  The hemp oil will go back on the shelf.  It was wishful thinking that it was somehow helping.

Cristina informed me that Aram did not need to go to Tulua today as he got a ride with his brother-in-law Rafael yesterday.  I was only smiling on the outside but jumping with glee inside.  Then I asked about getting her handicapped friend in Buga, softening my stance in her case, but was surprised to hear that she also found a ride back to Roldanillo yesterday.  She has many medical problems, legs useless from polio, meningitis, and more, but had been working until Covid closed her workplace.  Now she is attempting to obtain a disabled person's pension.  She is really a sweet person and deserves a better lot in life.

 After lunch we drove across town to get Lorena's daughter Sofia to spend the day.  They eat snacks and watch movies on my bigger TV until 6pm, then I claim it back and they watch in the other bedroom.

Outside there were 3 Tom Thumbs vying for the nectar which they obviously love.  I tried to take videos but they were not good and my photos are not much better.  My apologies.

I checked my mosquito killer in the bedroom after a week and found the grand total of 2 mosquitoes trapped and dead.  We just don't get many insects in the bedroom luckily so I moved the neon contraption out near Killer where there is often more of them.  I fired up the second one and have placed it near my computer.  If we had some decent form of shelving  near the rear door I would definitely install the third.  Maybe later I will figure something out.  The power cords are so darn short.

Cristina informs me that Aram is coming to watch a movie this evening, and then will borrow our bathroom scale again to weigh their suitcases.  They have managed well without furniture for a week, eating mostly at her mother's place 1/2 block away.  I still haven't heard what they will do with Luka, maybe returning him to the breeder in Cali?  I would dearly like to help Luka but 2 months or more of complete disruption is just not possible.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lots of pretty roses on the way.

This is the 2nd of the bloomers

Tom Thumb is warding off 2 rivals

Here he battles one

Chases him around

Warns him off

But he keeps returning

Then the other one joins the fray

Tom keeps a good watch from above