Thursday, June 10, 2021

Thursday June 10, 2021 Hardware

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 10, 2021

It was raining so we did not get out on the walk this morning so I just slept in.  Then I went out back to watch the birds and took a couple of shots and a video for you.  https://youtu.be/F0XsD3JRu48

I then hard a hard look at the sagging patio roof and discovered that one of the end supports was loose and supporting nothing...  Time for action...  I made a few measurements and decided what hardware I would need to halt the sagging.  I made photos off the Internet of things I needed and we went to one hardware store here that only had screws I wanted.

So we drove into Tulua to HomeCenter.  I had my doubts confirmed that they would not have teleposts.  Then they had a lousy selection of brackets but I bought 9 of the sturdiest.  We went to about 15 more hardware stores just to find metal strapping which would be used to hold up pipes and secure many things.  Every hardware store in Canada would have this, but not in Colombia...  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr  It is so frustrating to get anything proper to work with here.

I have made arrangement with the contractor Javier to come in the morning if it not raining.  The patio roof has at least 4 broken tiles from falling mangoes so we need the tiles replaced and the mango tree cut properly.  He may have some ideas for securing the support posts too.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

3 species of birds

2 female Shiny Cowbirds on the top left

Again

3 Shiny Cowbirds on top