Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Tuesday June 15, 2021 Burning

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday June 15, 2021

So I have had this burning question about when to incinerate those leaves.  It was a bright sunny day after a morning rain negated our walk (I had the barrel covered) so I decided to give it a try.  I stuffed some recycled paper into the air ports on the barrel and lit them, than added some more.  I really expected the dry leaves to ignite quickly and then have dark smoke as the greener leaves got caught in the inferno.  Boy!  Was I wrong!

The fire burned exceptionally slowly, 2 hours now, and white smoke the whole time...  I was fortunate that the slight breeze kept pushing the smoke (90% anyway) back into the yard so I hope that has has some effect on the bug population.  I have the fans blowing hard to the back so we have had no smoke in the house.  It has taken a little occasional stirring but the job is almost done and there will be very little ash in the bottom.  Hopefully I will get just as lucky with the necessary future burns.

I heard back from KIA and made an appointment for next Monday.  David has just confirmed that it is OK to visit while the work is being done. 

Another couple can't respond nicely to a dinner invitation....  Am I the only one who hates people that can't commit to a specific time to do things together and are constantly trying to change the time to suit themselves, and to heck with you....???  Whatever happened to the host setting the date and time and the guest does their best to accomodate???  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I got some decent shots from close of Tom Thumb.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Burn experiment #1

Burned much slower than expected

Probably too many leaves jammed in there

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS future lunch

GSS

Kiskadee

Smoke basically stayed in the yard

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

4 Shiny Cowbirds

2 male, 2 female

Tom visited a lot today