Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday June 20, 2021 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday June 20, 2021

I left the house at 7:30am and bought chicharon pastries and stopped to drop off a small "#1 Padre" sign for Carlos which I just left at this door anonymously, but the neighbour must have ratted on me....  Carlos delivered 2 beer to the house for me.

I was at David's carrying the dessert around 7:45 to have another exciting morning of racing.  As usual Wolf came with the sandwiches and we did most of the preparation as David's health is failing and he must use much shorter tubing from his oxygen machine for better effect.

The morning started with Formula 1, Verstappen on pole, and my guy LeClerc starting 6th.  The French track is simple and hard on tires.  There were no crashes and all the excitement was at the front of the pack.  For some reason, a pit stop costs a driver 30 seconds here, which is an eternity in F1.  But our hats are off to Max Verstappen, who has matured into a great driver and is off of my hate list.  Max made an extra pit stop for fresh tires and inched his way back to the lead, catching world-champion Hamilton, shortly before the end.  He was definitely the Driver Of The Day!  LeClerc finished a very disappointing 16th.

 
Then we moved on to MotoGP.  My main guy, Marc Marquez, who is still recovering from a bad crash, (and also crashed out of his last 3 races or so), has some demons to overcome to maintain his record at this German track which has a strange 10 left turns, and only 3 right turns which, again, makes tire composition decisions very crucial.  He was starting 5th.  My #2 guy, Fabio Quartararo, lost the pole to fellow Frenchman Johann Zarco.  Marc had won his last 10 races at this track, the last 7 in MotoGP!

Marc Marquez got a great start and grabbed the lead a few laps in, and never relinquished it.  His younger brother Alex Marquez crashed out again.  The grit and determination of Marc Marquez is what endears him to me as a rider.  Fabio had a rough start but fought his way back to snatch the 3rd podium spot, so it was a great day for my riders..

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/981270/1/marc-marquez-wins-german-motogp-makes-it-11-row-sachsenring   
 

I then went to HomeCenter to buy that recliner since I was so close by.  This was my 3rd attempt to get them to sell me the darn thing and today their excuses were that they had no more in stock and they could not sell me the floor model....  I was seething.  So we looked through what they could sell me today and I picked a cloth vibrating recliner for $285 USD that I had seen earlier and was quite acceptable.  Then the fun started all over again...  Oh, we can't deliver to Andalucia...  The computer isn't allowing us to finish the transaction...  By now I am making harsh comments about the lack of customer  service to enable a client to purchase their bloody merchandise, and.. I want to talk to the Manager.  

The Manager was able to make the system cooperate but they couldn't deliver until Aug 2 or 3.  Do I have any other options?  NO.  I decided to accept the late delivery rather than  go through this crazy song and dance a 4th time!  So the deal is done.

I went to pick up fried chicken for lunch and came home where Cristina was waiting to make a little trip to the cemetery.  Lunch had to wait.

Aram and Liliana had left at 8:30am to catch a 2pm flight at Armenia to Fort Lauderdale.  While we were expecting possible problems with luggage and weights, and especially Aram's travel "pass" from the US Embassy, they were in for a surprise....  The problem arose that Jireh did not have a Travel Permit approved by her American biological father, which has to be done at a consulate, even though they were traveling to the US to see him....  So they did not fly out and returned to Andalucia.  Since they have sold all their belongings, except what is in their suitcases, we have offered to lend them some furniture until they get the permit situation sorted out.  They are presently at Liliana's mother's house which does not have room for all of them.  He is coming to visit at 6pm so we will se what they are deciding.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  It only took 6 tries to get Blogger to do the right order...   Grrrrrr....       That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Formula 1 is away in France...

Verstappen is masterful in staying in contention

He claws his way back from an extra pit stop

Better tires help him close the gap

Hamilton can't stop him

The checkered flag and the final order of finish

King Kong? statuettes for the winners

Max is back in my good books

2 Red Bull drivers on the podium

Canadian Lance Stroll sneaks into 10th

MotoGP from Germany today

Another day with variable conditions

Marc Marquez has won his last 10 races here

Marc gets a great start

Marc is already challenging for the lead

He says goodbye to the pack for 29 laps

Very competitive racing on this odd course

Brother Alex Marquez crashes again

Lots of speed out there

 


 

Marc is hungry to get back his winning ways.






My #2 guy Fabio Quartararo comes in 3rd

8 straight at this track in MotoGP for Marc

Great to see him back to racing form

He may yet challenge to regain the championship this year?

Oliveira came in 2nd after another strong race

Coming out of a little rain on the way home

Such a pretty drive home

The cemetery view is magnificent as always

Christian has a good sopt

Father's day gifts from the dogs