Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday June 27, 2021 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday June 27, 2021

David had contacted me last night that Berthold's German restaurant would be closed today so Wolf could not bring sandwiches, and could I bring something from my panaderia..??  I promised to do what I could, expecting to bring some cheese buns and sausages I had bought the past week.  However..... when I went to take them out of the freezer neither were there...  Cristina admitted using them to feed her mooching friends.    I had to go out shopping to re-buy these items and pre-cook the sausages.  I was not a happy camper.

I had everything ready for microwaving when I got to David's, minutes ahead of Wolf.  Add a little mustard and pepper and the results were delicious.  The cheese buns even had cheese and ham in them as a bonus.  And I had chicharon for dessert so everybody was happy.

Formula 1 racing from Austria started right after 8am with Max Verstappen on pole and my guy, CharlesLeClerc, starting in 7th.  Max never gave up the lead, there were minor contacts between cars, but no major crashes.  On the first lap, LeClerc bumped another and damaged his front wing so he had to make an unintentioned extra pit stop throwing him back to 18th place.  But he fought his way back to 7th by the race's end and was named Driver of the Day.   World Champion Hamilton had fastest lap honours and came in second, Bottas third.  Now they are off on a 5-week summer break.

Following that we watched the MotoGP from Holland.  My main guy, Marc Marquez, had a bad crash when his bike bucked him off in qualifying so he was starting 20th.  My second guy, Fabio Quartararo was in 2nd, behind Viniales, but that didn't last long as he roared to the lead, fought a couple of laps with Bagnaia back and forth, then took off for good and nobody could touch him, winning easily.  Favourites Rossi and Miller crashed, as did Lecuona.  Marc Marquez amazed everyone by ending in 7th place.  According to the calendar they are also off until August 8th.  We will have withdrawal symptoms.  Cristina is caring for someones injured dog for a couple of days.  A really sweet caramel-coloured gal who is no bother at all.

Aram broke our bathroom scale already.  The man is just not careful...  He is coming to watch a movie tonight.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Blogger continues to make my life miserable when I have lots of pics to upload.  It took about 10 tries today.   Grrrr 

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Max gets a good start and keeps the lead throughout

LeClerc already has damage

LeClerc battles back from 18th position

Tire strategies matter

LeClerc is easily Driver of the Day

Confirmed
Max gets the checkered flag

Hamilton and Bottas 2nd and 3rd, then Perez

Max is happy to win again.  He has matured.

 


Great long course for MotoGP in Holland

Marc Marquez is a previous winner

Both my guys get a gret start

Quartararo and Bagnaia jockey for the lead

Marc Marquez shows he is a contender

Fabio has the lead for good now

Rossi crashes, again

Fabio sets a blistering pace
 

Bagnaia loses 2nd on a penalty

Miller crashes

Fabio is consistent

Lecouna crashes bike dangerously on the track

Nobody can touch Fabio

He wins by a nice margin

Vinales and Mir are 2nd & 3rd

Fabio is very happy

The winner