Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wednesday June 23, 2021 Causes

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday June 23, 2021

On Tuesday and Friday evenings I try to remember to do a quick poop patrol because morning rains are not fun.  So that was a wise decision last night as it was raining pretty good at 4:30am so I went back to bed for 20 minutes, I don't know why,... I get maybe 3-4 hours sleep and that is it, even with Melatonin.  Last night I was so pooped that I went to bed at 8pm...  YES, 8pm..  I took a Melatonin as usual and was awakened by something around midnight.  I gambled and took another Melatonin but that was somehow just a waste of a pill.  What causes such sleeplessness?  Even naps aren't much of a comfort anymore.

Even after the rain stopped I went to check the burning barrel and was shocked to find that it was still warm after 18 hours and a good rain!!  There were no burning embers but it was still very warm.  I dumped the ashes in a spot where I want the dogs to avoid and stirred them to be sure no embers would ignite.

I had Cristina check the plantains to see if they are ready yet and she claims they are not ready yet but need to harden more.  While I was there I trimmed the dead leaves like I do pretty much every week.

I took a few shots for you and also a neat video of the underside of a Golden Silk Spider hard at work.  Fascinating creatures.

https://youtu.be/3qBxb0dtXCM

Claudia was here to clean in the early afternoon and is still at it.

I got asked to run Aram and Luka to the vet because Luka has a urinary problem.  The vet gave him stuff to clean the area and some medication.  It is nothing serious.

Luka continues to be a headache for Aram and Liliana.  The other place that agreed to keep Luka for 2 months (they also have 2 huskies) have now declined.  Luka misses his family and howls all night.  We hadn't tested him here ovenight but I am sure the result would be the same.  It isn't Luka's fault that he is a 42 lb playful ball of fur and untrained.  The problem here is that our dogs are all smaller and don't understand that a swat from a huge paw is meant to be playful, and also he peed everywhere to mark his territory.  2 days I could hack, but never 2 months.

When I returned I had to park outside because Claudia was cleaning the front area.  Of course that was a signal for the heavens to open 20 minutes later and drench my newly washed car (2 days late, but always a given).

It is still raining hard and the lake is beginning to form.  Our papaya tree has collapsed and Cristina wants to replant it.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Opening gracefully

Not here either

Not ready yet

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS x4

GSS

GSS x2

Fascinating underside view

Amazing creatures

Mrs Shiny Cowbird

Luka at the vet