Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday November 12, 2020 Microwave

 

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday November 12, 2020

Jeepers, the napping is becoming a must.

The fancy GE microwave, had crapped out again last night days after its 4th repair.   The top appears bulged for some unknown reason and it does not heat a thing, so now it is a glorified clock and timer. 

I went out at 11:30 to pick up David to go to La Sevilla in LA14 for a hamburger.  We both had awful masks so I popped in to buy a few new ones prior to going for lunch.  I zipped over to the appliances and saw a small Hyundai microwave for 260,000p ($71.35 USD) so I put that under my arm as well.  Enough was enough with the darn GE.   I later told Cristina she could phone her repairman, tell him what happened, and tell him he can repair it at no cost to us if he wants.  We've paid him 4 times already and he is not getting another cent from me.

David is pretty particular when ordering food, asking for the burger to be cooked medium and with a slice of raw onion.  The french fries had to be cooked longer so they are crispy.  They had only 3 options for drinks so we went for the lemonade with sugar.  The kid did not write down the instructions much to David's consternation.  I just ordered the same as David to simplify matters.  The order came and the fries were not crispy so the order was sent back.  When we get the order again, the fries were fine but the burgers were almost raw.  We ate the burgers anyway but showed them that this was not what was ordered.  Then the lemonade had no sugar so we drank that anyway but the waiter got an earful about how he had screwed up everything on the order except the onions.  

Now David was experimenting with me to see how well he could manage dragging around the small oxygen supply.  He insisted on doing a few things on his own, but I carried all purchases for him.  Considering that his blood oxygen is below 60, and it should be over 95, he amazes the doctors, but it is a chore to use any muscles.  He even went into LA14 to get more masks, he liked the ones I had bought, and to get some Quaker oats.  I thought he was overdoing it but he wanted to see his present limitations.  He was disappointed in his low energy,.. and the oxygen bottle emptied quickly.  

So we managed to get him home without incident and he gave me a few movies that he had downloaded,  like Tobruk and Victor, Victoria which I will watch tonight.

Killer was tired of the rain yesterday so today he had dragged himself out to the middle of the grass.  It is tough to keep a good man down.

Lorena's Nina keeps coming to our door every day and doesn't want to leave.  Soon we may be saying that we have 11 dogs....

Tom Thumb and friends were happy that I refilled the feeders this morning so they were cruising about, staking claim.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

New, smaller microwave

It will suffice, we don't do anything big.

Rosebud opening nicely.

Peach rose opened up.

Peach rosebud.

Golden Silk Spider

Princesa, Nina and Negrita

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT