Saturday, November 28, 2020

Friday-Saturday November 27-28 , 2020 HELL

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday-Saturday November 27-28 , 2020

Last evening, we had another raging deluge that had water entering at every air vent location and the mopping up was a pain.  BTW, my repaired mop bucket did hold water all day!

I was trying to look at TV/Netflix last night and I got a screen that says my account has not been paid… WTF???   Of course, that upsets me greatly because I always pay my bills well within the time limits.  However, I checked my paid bills, my banking, and my emails, and… sure enough, I never did receive the bill to pay!   It took them 12 hours to send me the bill, which I could only access under my phone plan because I not only had no TV, I had no Internet or wi-fi either!  That started off the weekend from hell.  I tried to pay online, but their system asks for a CVV number on the Debit card and the BanColombia card does not have one.  And it was too late to go get it paid locally.

Then, we are expecting a visit from Ana and Natalia and we got a call from them that the car had major problems and broke down in Guacari, 50 minutes away.  I offered  to go get them, but they had already called a taxi through Ana’s boyfriend German, who is laid up with a broken leg.  So, we went to meet them at LA14 and managed to time that perfectly.  They were coming with everything from their car, 4 pillows, 2 backpacks, a large box, and several blown up balloons.  With 4 persons in my tiny car, there wasn’t much room to spare.  So basically, I was the only person unencumbered by balloons, but hampered by rain the whole journey.  We were happy to get home in one piece and unload.  Shortly thereafter, I was on my way to bed but the girls stayed up another 3 hours gabbing.

 

I walked the 3 dogs this AM, trying to be very quiet, and just went back to bed because I could not use the Internet to do my chores.  The girls were up hours earlier than I expected because suddenly everybody had changed agendas.  I had to rush poop patrol and garbage dump to get ready to play chauffer again. 

First, we went into Tulua (loaded up with backpacks and balloons) to drop off Ana at Miguel’s where she was going to borrow his car to go to find a new timing belt for her broken down car and head to Guacari to try to get the car ready today because she needs it for work in Cali.  At last report, the car has more problems, will need parts ferried from Tulua, and probably won’t be ready for a week.  So their lives are royally screwed, living on a mountainside with only a twice-a-day bus for transportation.

We returned to Andalucia with Natalia and went to decorate Christian’s grave for his 25th birthday (and the 3rd anniversary of his death).  We had to re-inflate and tape many of the balloons and Cristina had her own strange way of placing the decorations, even taping them to plants.  This was the right time for me to just zip my trap and say nothing, and we got through this painful chore in the damp heat of the morning.

We went for a quick brunch and bought a whole roasted chicken for lunch.    Then we bought bus tickets to Cali (double the prices) for Natalia.

Once home, I took my last Movistar Internet bill and went to pay for this coming month.  Being the weekend from hell, 3 different places had their systems down, even BanColombia.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, Natalia and I did a quick look in the backyard and I found a second large Golden Silk Spider near the other main one.  I actually managed to get some pretty decent shots today for you.

After a quick nap I went out again to try to pay the Movistar bill and, this time, I was successful.  I messaged Movistar to reconnect me ASAP, which they did within 2 hours.

At 4pm we drove Natalia 1 block away with her bags to catch the bus.  Then we went to Huellas and got dog food for both us and Ana, cleaning out our wallets.  Ana and Miguel arrived at our door as soon as we got home and we loaded up Miguel’s car with all her stuff.  Miguel gifted us a typical combination dinner in platano leaves called Fiambre which they all rave about.  I will get to eat my portion tomorrow.

 

I hope you enjoy the pictures (backwards, again).  That is the kind of weekend it has been, so far.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Typical country dish, Fiambre

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

GSS

Rosebud

Rosebud

Smaller GSS

Bigger GSS

Our second adopted Nina

Killer likes his doghouse

Happy 25th Christian

We miss you so much

Hawk hidden in tall palm tree

Tall palm trees

Cemetery panorama (partial), great views.

Playing with my new Portrait Pro 21 program.