Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday November 5, 2020 Trees

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please.36  see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday November 5, 2020

Last evening we got a call from Movistar and they asked that I get off the internet, unplug the modem, while they updated my system remotely.  Again Cristina neglected to mention to them that I also wanted the cords checked and changed for longer cords and a connection moved for the cable, so I had to contact them again so maybe I will have to wait another 2 months????    The system did not give me problems this morning (crossing my fingers).

The microwave blew its fuse at Cristina last night so we had to take it in to the repairman for the 4th time and spend another $16 USD.  Grrrrrr.  I made him put in a higher amp fuse this time and I told him that I hope this is the end of the problems.

While waiting for it to be repaired we cruised HomeCenter trying to find a monkey wrench (none), a roll of wire for repairs, a heavy hammer, protective netting for the backyard small trees, and posts to hold the netting.  I wanted to buy rebar to make posts, but they refused to cut them into 1 meter lengths, saying it was too dangerous...????  WTF.  It is not dangerous if you have the right equipment.... 

Then we went to LA14 for lunch.  Subway didn't have our usual sandwiches so we went to the Frisby fried chicken place.  Usually the chicken is decent there, but not today, as it was completely tasteless.  Combo special and peach Nestea for 2 for $9.32 USD.

BTW, all photos are with the Lumix today, so I apologize for the lesser quality.

We checked at 2 more hardware stores and they also refused to cut the rebar.   We checked at the plant nursery and the had no posts for sale.

Back in Andalucia, we had no better luck with rebar but decided to go to the aluminum door and window glass place and had them cut up 8 - 30" pieces of decorative ribbed aluminum tubing instead.  Cost $7.53 USD.

Then I managed to pay my Movistar cellular bill at the Bancolombia branch because my usual outlet still had no connection....

Once home, I half-ass measured that I needed around 48" of netting to go around the posts.  So I started cutting the netting down the center to 48".  Good for 2 trees.  All was well and good except the remaining netting for 2 more trees only gave me about 30"... Grrr...  Measure twice, cut once my wise father always told me.....

Not to worry, it was enough to handle the 2 smaller trees which we are trying to protect from being eaten, run over and watered by the dogs.  With the heavy hammer, and a block of wood, I easily pounded in 2 posts for each tree.  The sun was very hot outside and the bugs relentless.  Inside the house, under a cooling small fan, with small zip ties I fastened the netting into cylinders to cover the posts and the trees.  Zippee-dee-doo-da and it all works according to my simple plan.

I got many compliments on the latest photos of Tom Thumb.  That is always gratifying.  Thank you all.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Frisby chicken combo for 2 with drinks

Netting is prepared to install

Posts are all installed and waiting

They should be strong enough to allay the dogs

The smaller netting actually seems better

Hopefully the dogs will just avoid these

Reviving a small tree eaten by a dog

Looks OK in the yard too.