Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday November 22, 2020 MotoGP

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday November 22, 2020

At 10am we met Wolf and Alex at David's to watch MotoGP's final race of the season.  Actually, we watched Moto3 (the small bikes) first and it actually turned out to be a decent race but I took no photos because I don't follow them.

The MotoGP race (the big bikes) was from Portugal, and Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira had won the pole position.  To the delight of the non-existent virtual home crowd, he kept the lead from wire to wire and was not really challenged after the first lap.  After an exciting, topsy-turvy year this was a trifle anticlimactic.  The track surface was new so that always creates tire problems but we had only a couple of crashes today.

I got the sad news that David's squeeze, Irma from South Africa, has been told to not bother coming back for a number of reasons, not the least of which is catching Covid and putting them both at huge risk.  This is heartbreaking for her but she needs to face the reality of the situation.  They are both 79 years old and David's time now is limited, and he knows it, is preparing for it, needs oxygen 24-7 now and is also preparing to live on the lowest level of his townhouse.  He is brutally candid about his slim chances and slimmer options.  This is one reason we try to get together at least once a week.  David has a live-in caregiver now and will soon have a wheelchair.  He will need to be pushed around his limited space because any use of the big muscles uses up all his limited oxygen levels.   

I then went solo to LA14 for my salad needs and a short list from Cristina.  LA14 has sadly cut its space by about 40% and their inventory by about 60%.  A person really has to hunt to find specific items.  I took their whole shelf inventory of 8 whole milk cartons.....  I know that we will never go hungry in Latin America because they still have a farming class with adequate supply.  It is just  bad to see a big retailer whose owner died and his family is just taking the money out of a profitable business.  Greed wins again.

 I then made a stop at D-Uno for my snacks which I am desperately trying to reduce in volume.  Buddha needs to go on a diet.

I got an email from VacationsToGo promising huge savings, etc on cruises so I did a little look-see.  I especially checked Regent Cruise Lines due to promises of up to 80% off and up to $1,250 per cabin credits, and some with all free excursions.  Regent is 6-star (tops) cruising all-inclusive of gratuities, dining, drinking and Internet, so it was worth a look I thought.  I even looked at cruises up to $100,000 and they still never gave all the things mentioned....  I hate that kind of advertising.   It is OK to dream though...  If a person can get a nice cruise from a close port (plus airfare on top), with good stops, few sea days, for under $500 per day each, it is pretty tough these days.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 


The drive this morning

Perfect weather for riding in Portugal

A hard track with hills and valleys

In a pictureque area

Oliveira has the pole

Look at the heart rate of the guys!!

Oliveira made it look easy


Congrats Miguel