Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday November 15, 2020 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday November 15, 2020

I was awake and walking the dogs at 4:15am because I was going to watch the Formula 1 race live from Turkey after 5am, followed by MotoGP.  David and Wolf were going to watch at other odd times so I just watched live at home.

The surprise pole-sitter was Lance Stroll, Canadian son of the owner of the Racing Point team.  He led much of the race begore having problems, followed by his teammate Perez.  It was raining and very slick in Turkey so rain tires, then Intermediate tires were the necessities as was a 2-pistop strategy for almost every driver.  Many drivers spun out more than once.  That suited superb Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton just fine as he nursed bad tires for 50 laps after just 1 pitstop, allowing him to win and clinch the world title again, tying Michael Schumacher for the lead overall with 7 titles.  Lewis is truly in a class by himself as the best F1 driver ever, with the best stats.  Congrats Lewis.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.race-highlights-watch-all-the-action-as-hamilton-clinches-7th-title-at-the.6922cZzSwVUj7woOaXaL10.html

My guy, Charles LeClerc, was making a miraculous recovery from bad starting position and was actually briefly in second place with a couple of corners to go, but locked up his brakes on one corner and was passed by Perez and teammate Vettel to settle for 4th place.  Bummer.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.inconsolable-leclerc-says-he-was-when-it-mattered-after-last-lap-mistake.IKIhJkcjYDJti0G1HMsZo.html

 MotoGP from Spain was much more predictable with a wire-to-wire  win by Franco Morbidelli but all the drama was save for the last lap as Morbidelli and Jack Miller traded the lead 4 times.  My guys Binder (5th), Dovisioso (12th), Alex Marquez (16th) and Quatrararo (crashed) were not a factor at all.  Joan Mir clinched the overall title.  Congratulations Joan.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/mir-valencia-title-morbidelli-win/4910778/

 We had a lunch made by Claudia that was very tasty and we went for a drive.  I will post those photos, etc tomorrow because that would be too many photos for today.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I won't bother with captions for most.  Blogger is making my life difficult with their new system....  Grrrrrrrrrr  If I try to upload safely, piecemeal, it uploads them backwards...  Grrrrrrrrrr   If I do all at once, there is always a photo that doesn't want to upload and I have to start over again, and again, and again........  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  It took 16 tries!!!!  And it still uploaded everything backwards...!!!!!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I give up.

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start