Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Wednesday November 25, 2020 Workmate

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday November 25, 2020

This morning we saw Charlie, the handsome chestnut horse with the nice white blaze.  I coaxed him to come for a little rub on the nose because I was so glad to see him.  The other 3 are still a mystery.

So then I napped, got up, did chores, poop patrol and garbage and napped again.  It was during that nap that I decided that I absolutely needed a "Workmate" to help with all the repairs, etc.  For 2 years I have been looking for a place to hold, cut or drill objects and I have had no proper surface or vice.

I tried online to see what was available at HomeCenter without success so printed off several examples from Amazon.  Cristina was happy for a small getaway so we went to look in person.  HomeCenter had only one option, but a very reasonable one.  It is a good thing that I could see that their awful floor model was badly put together and abused.  I would be embarrassed to show such a piece of junk.  This one is arguably better than my old Black+Decker Workmate in that it has height and tilt movement.  Price was only 289,900 pesos or $80 USD.  I also picked up a strong magnetic bar for $8 USD to hold tools, screws, etc. while working.

It was very easy to assemble (the right way) and it's first order of business was to modify the magnetic bar for attachment.  Drilling 4 holes and attaching with zip ties seemed to be the easiest option.  The Workmate is not going to get much abuse from me.  Like most of my things, it will be babied.  Now I will be looking for things to fix instead of dreading them.

We are presently having a deluge of rain and the thunder has all the dogs at our ankles.  That grass in the back needs cutting again already.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

The new purchases

Put together properly

Added the magnetic bar (Bolts for examples)

Ready to go!

Side view

Gorgeous rosebud

Beautiful rose

Killer showing me how he loves being photographed

Just kidding