Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday November 1, 2020 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday November 1, 2020

Yesterday I basically did nothing.  A recharge day, I guess.

 

Today, I was rushing to get out, pick up dessert, and get to David's by 7am for a Formula 1 race from somewhere picturesque in Italy.   They showed that they hadn't raced here since 2008 and the guys said that they are using closer tracks to save time and money during the pandemic.  However, No fans allowed, and a track with very little passing area that the drivers universally condemned, made for a generally boring race for sure.  This also made a one-stop tire strategy almost mandatory, but most drivers did manage 2 stops with crash debris causing yellow flags.

Bottas and Hamilton had the first 2 spots for Mercedes and Hamilton got the lead from lap 19 on to finish first, adding to his amazing winning record.  Bottas was second and Ricciardo third.  Max Verstappen was a contender until he blew a tire near the end.  Crashes and debris were the story today:

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/743572/Hamilton_Wins_Emilia_Romagna_Grand_Prix_As_Mercedes_Clinch_Record_Seventh_Consecutive_Constructors_Title/

Because of the bathroom changes yesterday I decided to pull into HomeCenter to get new shower heads for both bathrooms as the present ones were old and bad.  I found some nice, 3-setting heads for 59,900 pesos ($15.48 USD) each.  I thought they were metal but they turned out to be plastic.

I then made a stop for Cristina to drop off diapers for Ana Julia and you can imagine my surprise when Cristina greeted me at the door.  She had decided to go with Adiela to visit niece Ana SW of Rio Frio in the mountains and spend the day.   No problem.

I came home and tried to ask Carlos what I should look for to replace the shower heads but he wasn't responding, probably out of town...  So, I gambled and tried on my bathroom first.  I thought that I had a monkey wrench somewhere, but could not locate it.  Luckily, everything came apart and went back together with hand pressure alone.  I did be sure to use plumber's tape on the four connections and, eureka, they work like a new shower head should!  It is so nice to have a steady, straight stream with proper water pressure.

Cristina said that Claudia would come by between 12 and 1 to check on Killer but she hasn't showed up yet......

Nap time this afternoon and a quiet day for me.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

The 2 Mercedes are at the front to start

They all manage to get by Turn 1 without incident.

Tire strategy played a big part today.

Verstappen crashes

This is why....

Lots of debris from another crash.

Red Bull's second car gets pushed off.

Not much change from here on...

Big speeds, but no changes.

Bottas follows Hamilton to the podium.

Her new shower head.

And mine, installed.

 

 

 

Fin