Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thursday September 10, 2020 Tulua


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday September 10, 2020
We were out early again today to head to the Escritura to register our house documents.  Cristina thought she would just be 1/2 hour so I wandered around the river for a few photos, nothing overly photogenic.
When I went to check on Cristina she was still in a lineup a long way from the door, so I cruised some more, had some empanadas and a coffee, and bought some flowers.  She finally got in the door, and inside into the next lineup.  Then came out asking me if she had given me the receipt for yesterday's payment at the bank next door.  I replied that she had all the documentation in her possession and that I had never seen it.  So she went to the bank and begged them into giving her a copy.  She did not go back to the end of the line at the Escritura as required yesterday but waited at the front and they let her in.  She was not in there long this time, but after 1.5 hours total the documents are again in process, and they say to come back in 3 weeks.  We've fallen for that line before, so we will return in a month (and they still won't be ready).....
Then we drove to the other end of downtown to Canaveral to get Cristina's special tea.  It is one of the very few places that sell this particular tea whose benefical side effect is a gentle laxative effect.
So a few of my photos are of some of the street traffic that we have to continuously dodge, not counting motorcycles everywhere, and 70+ year-old men going a snail's pace on bicycles in heavy traffic.  Grrrrr  At least in Andalucia I know where to travel to miss most of this type of traffic.  Almost always, when I need to go to the other side of Tulua, I take the highway to the south end and come back in.  It may be longer, but it is so much easier on the nerves.  Their general lack of driving skills and courtesy keeps a person on edge all the time.  So many of these idiots have no concept of safe space and just dart in front of you with inches to spare.  They have a death wish, and that is why I have a dash-cam to protect myself.
I have been fighting with Internet connectivity all day again.  The trouble is that I can't find a reliable replacement yet for what we need.   Grrr  I hate Movistar, and I can't even reach them to complain properly.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
East from one bridge

and West.

Fruit cart

East from another bridge

and west, with a work cart.

Saman tree with berries
Huge tree along the river

Re-doing the main park in front of the cathedral

The cathedral

Still in lineup at Escritura

Horse-drawn dray wagon

Inter-town basic transport, right out of Romancing The Stone