Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sunday September 6, 2020 F1


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday September 6, 2020
As I tried to leave this morning, our garage door decided to be balky and would not close.  I think I know where the problem area is, and I will have to monitor it and probably get a repairman to look at it.
I had to rush to get to David's by 8am to watch Formula 1 from Monza in Italy, the oldest F1 race course. 
Since Hamilton and Bottas from Mercedes were in the front row, I fully expected another wire-to-wire finish for these 2 great drivers, but it was not to be...  Bottas had a bad start and got passed easily and was destined to end 5th.  
My Ferrari guys had another disastrous day.  First, Vettel lost his brakes and carshed through styrofoam barriers (I missed getting good photos) and managed to limp to Pit Lane.  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151944/vettel-no-fans-at-monza-a-good-thing-for-ferrari
Then my main guy, Charled LeClerc lost it on a curve and had a big crash.  The guys at Ferrari must be pulling their hair out.
Then Magnussen had trouble and pulled off to the side near the Pit Lane entrance, a yellow flag ensued, and warning lights flashed not to enter the Pit Lane.  These warning were ignored by the leader, Hamilton, and also Giovinazzi.  The penalty was a later enforced pit stop and that cost Hamilton the race, although the champion fought from last place to get back to 8th, absolutely amazing.
What all this drama did was to open the door for the "young guns" to sprint through with an unbelievable podium of Gasly, Sainz, and, the Canadian, Stroll !!  Whoever would have bet on such a finish would have made a fortune.  Congrats to the youngsters for making racing interesting.
I got home and Cristina wanted to go to the cemetery so I did not pull in, but, again, had a problem with the garage door.  We went and spruced up Christian's grave.  We saw that Carlos had replaced the wood edging with aluminum.  He also replace the badly faded photos on the "headstone".  I trimmed the edge flower shrubs and Cristina re-arranged the flowers and trinkets and watered a little.  It looks very presentable again.  many nearby graves were also severely neglected so I trimmed a few of them.
We slipped over to the fried chicken place and picked up lunch.
After that, a long 3-hour nap was what i needed!
When I awoke I saw that my buddy Oswaldo from Cuenca was trying to reach me so I called him back and we had a nice chat.  Since he lived in Canada for about 18 years he qualifies for pensions, etc, and that is always complicated, especially when everything was closed for Covid.  Anyway, it is always fun to interact with old friends.
Bebe is definitely mended and being very active, trying to play with the other 10 dogs.  Most want nothing to do with a tiny nuisance, even my normally calm Turi, so that was a shock.  Buddy is the worst and has just bowled her over in frustration.  Now Bebe is scared and happy that I am holding her in safety.  Our  two playful dogs, Nina and Grigi, are the tolerant ones.   A short time ago, I caught Bebe having fun with a discarded cookie wrapper.  This pup is worming its way deep into my heart...  Watch this please:
My internet keeps having problems, saying the DNS server is not responding.  I am getting so frustrated with Movistar with everything and there is just no easy way to get anything done through them.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
Buddy trying to stay away from a persistent Bebe

Hamilton and Bottas try to keep the lead at Monza

Bottas has a bad start and is beat quickly

Bottas has dropped to 6th.  Young guns are flying.

Hamilton sets a blistering pace as usual.

Look at the speed!  But Verstappen is not a factor.
Tire strategy

These are the tires everyone is using, mostly soft at the beginning

Hamilton and Giovinazzi in trouble for ignoring signals

My guy, Charles LeClerc crashes

He is able to walk away

Hamilton is given a very severe penalty
Canadian Stroll is in second place during enforced stoppage

Restart

Stroll gets passed.  Hamilton penalty no applied yet.

Now Hamilton penalty puts him in last place

A long road back for the champion

Giovinazzi serves his penalty.  Raikkonnen is in trouble.
Stroll passes the oldest veteran Raikkonnen

The young guns hold the top spots

Hamilton shows championship grit fighting back

Sainz can't catch Gasly

Gasly takes the checkered flag, his first ever.

Gasly is one happy boy
His first win!

Stroll got a surprising 3rd place

Congrats to Pierre Gasly

Fixing the gravesite

Nice new photos

It is pretty busy and colourful

My favourite view to the west, coastal cordillera

View to the west, different central cordillera

I find this so beautiful.

Fried chicken is always a treat