Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wednesday September 2, 2020 Yardlife


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday September 2, 2020
The dogs were pretty good thid morning, even when attacked by 2 dogs along our usual path.  I yanked on the leashes to hold mine back and the owner of the 2 loose dogs managed to call them away from us before any damage was done.  We have had issues with that owner a few times before as most just open their door and let their pets do whatever, wherever.  Grrrrr
We slipped out this morning, paid my cel bill, then zipped into Tulua to pay my health insurance uneventfully.  We wanted to stop at Dollar City but there was a lineup so I was about to continue home.  Cristina said we should go back for brunch at Bizcochito as they had tables out again, so we did.  We had a terrific meal for each of us with coffee for about $2.50 USD.
Thne there was less lineup at Dollar City so we went in and bought a bunch of stuff we don't really need again..  My target was more of the metal low fencing for the flowers, etc but they had none, just plastic hallowe'en fencing so I just grabbed 2 of those.  They are only to try to keep the dogs off of the 2 new trees because they already damaged one...  They will do the trick.
The sick puppy has its howling moments, had another vet visit, and seems to be surviving OK, a credit to Cristina again.
I went out back and took a few photos on this cloudy day.  The Vermilion Flycatcher couple were performing their duties and Tom Thumb was busy fending off a rival.  I saw, out of the corner of my eye, 3 birds zooming overhead so I just pointed and shot...  I only managed to capture one of them and it turns out they were parrots...  Usually they are very noisy and recognizable by that, but uncommon.
For those of you that have been following my Blog for a while you may recall mentions of Dr Juan Arias Deidan.  Dr Juan is a tower of a man who deals with infectious diseases at the IESS Hospital and is very respected.  He was also part of our regular Thursday evening scooter outings and he had both a Vespa and a Yamaha.  I owe a debt to him for interceding on my behalf when I had my Nov 30/16 bike accident.  When I finally reached the IESS hospital over 2 hours after the accident (probably 3 hours, as I was passed out a few times) they gave me some tests and told me to go home, nothing was broken!!  I said "Fine, but I can't move anything, so how do you expect me to walk home??" 
We called Dr Juan and he came down within minutes and heard my situation.  Within 15 minutes I had 4 department heads around my gurney and more tests were ordered immediately.  That was when they found out I had broken my neck causing my paralysis!  So I stayed in hospital, had an operation to put in a plate to fuse the C5-6 discs on Dec 8.  On Dec 13, I walked home with the help of a walker.  I still suffer from the effects of that accident and I will never forget the amazing service Dr Juan commanded for me.  The respect for him at that Hospital is enormous.  He was also a go-to guy for fellow Canadian expat Garry Vatcher who does amazing work with AIDS patients.
Sadly, on August 25th, Dr Juan had an accident of his own at a traffic circle.  He was taken to the Clinica LatinoAmerica and was in a coma ever since.  Yesterday at 7:30pm he succumbed to his injuries.   Cuenca has lost a giant of a man.  Condolences to his family and his many friends.  I stole these photos from his Facebook page.



I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Multi-coloured rosebud

.. and another...

Peach rose

Peach rosebud

Tom Thumb
Mr Vermilion Flycatcher is a vivid red

He doesn't come as often as his wife

Tom comes every 15 minutes

Mr VF now has many spots to perch

This one gives him a view of the whole yard

Doves and a Saffron Finch

Another good perch on the plantains

Not much will escape his notice

Tom again

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher is not as colourful

But she she still is very pretty

The parrot