Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday September 19, 2020 Movistar

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday September 19, 2020

Yesterday we went into Tulua, just to get out of the house.  Cristina said she had things to do at her sister's but had not made arrangements so neither Adiela nor Miguel were home.  So she ended up accompanying me to HomeCenter to get a new sprayer bottle.  With the large bottle of Dawn dish soap that I had bought at PriceSmart I wanted to use it for the many things it is supposedly good for, like getting rid of ants, aphids, washing walls, washing animals, etc.

So when I got home, I filled the sprayer with water and a touch of Dawn and out I went.  It works on ants for sure but I have to wait to see on the others.

Netflix would not work again, despite removal and re-installation which often does the trick..  The Dumb TV says I have a good wi-fi signal but it just won't load the shows.  Grrr   I called Chucho's wife for help but she said he was in hospital after cutting off part of his index finger in a work accident.

I ended up watching the end of the series "Yankee" on my computer, no problem whatever.  The series ending sure indicates that they are expecting a second season...


Thursday my complaints to Movistar got a response that they had scheduled a service call and to expect a call within 2 calendar days.  So today I got all ready early and have been waiting all darn day, and n o t h i n g....  I have yet to find a competent replacement company for television and Internet, or I would just cancel these guys.  I am going to ask for replaced cables, longer cables and a different hookup in the Living Room.

 So I spent most of the day working on photos.  I have such a backlog that I can afford to be picky to do more quality work.

Tonight I walked with Aram and brought the camera and the Star filters to take some night light shots and see what happens.  I used the middle 6 filter, which I assume is the number of points crated for every star of light.  The others are 4 and 8 point.  This is hardly a good test but I must admit I am disappointed in the overly gaudy results.  I forgot the camera was on manual focus for the first 3 shots.  I only caught on when I took the church window shot.  Because we were walking I did not do anything fancy, certainly no tripod or anything, just shoot and keep walking.  Whether they will look better with 4 or 8 points we will have to leave that for another day, and a good location to shoot...  And I waited over 3 months for these things to come from China.... 

I hope you enjoy the pictures which have again loaded backwards for no reason....  Grrrr I don't know how to fix that without loading each photo individually...   Grrr again.

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

A little overkill, don't you think??

Way too gaudy for me

A test what a minor light source would do

Out of focus, sorry

Out of focus, just too big a star

It appears that distance is the answer.....

Killer has a message...