Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday September 5, 2020 Lahaina Noon


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday September 5, 2020
Wow, it has been a busy day and it is only 1/2 over!  You can bet that I will be napping very shortly.
I walked 5 dogs this morning as usual and then got busy uploading another 4 artworks to be used primarily for Covid masks for men.  They are mostly nose, mustache and some with beard, so even a brave woman could get a ton of comments by wearing one.
I saw a rather large spider on the patio so I went for the camera.  It didn't move and I got a couple of shots before assuring that it was dead.
Then I decided to do something that has been waiting for a long time.  On both the north and south walls I had boards laid on top with spikey anti-cat treads that I had found at Dollar City.  Sadly they do not stop that darn cat but his does gingerly walk across it with displeasure.  Well the wall to the south is the neighbour's and he dumped my board back over the wall some months ago.  I finally took it down a couple of days ago and have been working out a plan to add it, so it will stay, on the north wall, which is ours.  The cat uses this wall 80% of the time and now he/she/it will have double the length of discomfort.  There really was no place to attach the board like the first one so I had to fashion "feet" for it out of plastic bottles to allow it to straddle the wall.  I got it up there and it should work just fine.
I was outside at 12:00pm for Lahaina Noon.... meaning today is one of the 2 days per year (the other is April 6) when the sun is directly above us at our latitude and there is no shadow.  See Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahaina_Noon
While my shadow is full of Buddha and elbows and camera, the shots of my umbrella stand are almost perfect, no shadow to speak of.  Even some of the shots of the dogs show the shadows directly beneath them.
I took a short video of the not-so-sick-anymore puppy attempting to play outside with Nina.  I call it either Bebe, or just Little Shit.  Please ignore the fuzzy sections as I am unaccustomed to video-taking with the Nikon.  But it is guaranteed to bring a smile, she is so darn cute.
Then, I thought I was seeing things as a bat flapped near me and went up the mango tree!  The flight of a bat is unmistakable and it appeared to have been chased by the doves, maybe protecting that nest.  I managed to watch where it went and found it in the tree and got a couple of shots.  I was surprised that it was a Pale Spear-Nosed Bat like the one I shot in the Amazon of Ecuador...
They are real handy to have in the yard.
I made lunch today, smoked bacon, scrambled eggs and toast.  Yummy.
While I was trying to upload that YouTube video the Internet went out for quite a while, no matter what I did, and then it finally came back on to let me complete things.
32.2C is the temp and Buddha feels like melting.  Time for a nice nap under a cooling fan.  Who knows, I might even turn on the AC in the bedroom for a change.  32.6C as I upload this....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
Dead spider 3" across

Hibiscus

Rosebud #1 almost opened

Rosebud #2 almost opened

Nina is being tolerant of Bebe
2 Peach Roses

My improvised feet for the "Catwalk"

Spikey surface doesn't seem to deter it

Easy install, now 12' to walk for that darn cat

The ever-present buzzards
Note the shadow directly below Grigi

And the same for Nene

Dogs at Lahaina Noon

Surprise! Pale Spear-Nosed bat in our mago tree in daylight

Very ugly but useful
He is our friend

Just like Tom Thumb


Tom keeps watch

Buddha, elbows and camera shadow

Virtually zero shadow

Twice a year this will happen here

Almost every day this does happen here..