Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday September 4, 2020 Police


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday September 4, 2020
We went into LA14 after 10:30am and we were shocked that everything had been changed around.  They have party-walled off 1/3 of the store and jammed everything in smaller aisles in the other 2/3.  That must have been a huge logistical undertaking and now we have to relearn where everything is situated.  Grrrr
I took a chance and bought some beef with a huge fat overlay hoping it might be tenderloin.  Well it must have been, because even slow fried in a pan it came out super tender.  I had also bought baby potatoes.  In the photo below, that is good for 2 meals for me now.
I was having a late nap and I could hear a helicopter criss-crossing overhead and then several bangs like gunfire.  The dogs go wild with such sounds, looking to hide, especially Killer and Negrita.  Of course, I needed to know if we were close to a firefight or not, so I grabbed the Nikon and went outside.  There was fireworks being fired off about a block away and the Police helicopter (that is the only helo we ever see here) continued to criss-cross without incident.  Whew!
Then I happened to go to the front door and there was a white dog like Lorena's at our front door and it wouldn't leave..  Our dogs usually go bananas with a dog at the door but they were tolerant of this one so I called Cristina.  Yes, it was Lorena's dog and it was also afraid of all the noise too so we brought her in the house.
The puppy is doing very well and should be moved out soon.  She gives me a constant smile with her crooked run and her antics, trying to play with the bigger dogs.  Surprisingly Nina is the most tolerant of her, and Buddy the least.
Sorry, more back yard photos of our beautiful flowers.  Those multi-coloured rosebuds opening are barely bigger than my thumb, so dainty and gorgeous.
We had to do a quick trip to return Lorena's dog then Cristina needed to go into HomeCenter for a couple of things.  I wish she had told me about that earlier, since we were right next door at LA14 this morning and could have done both at the same time.  But we managed to do the trip easily enough.
Please send rain again.  28.1C as I write this and it is 8:30pm and it has been dark for 2 hours alteady.
Oh, and I had the rest of the steak and potatoes for a very late supper.  I just closed my eyes as I chewed it up, groaned with pleasure, and felt strangely sorry for vegetarians.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Steak dinner, and supper

Police Helo overhead

I thought there was a gunfight going on

Nah, just neighbours with noisy fireworks

This is the only helo we ever see


Not many aircraft in our clean skies

Hibiscus

Tiny rosebud #1 opening up

#2

New peach rose opening


Tom Thumb

TT

Glow west of HomeCenter

Lineup to enter