Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday October 30, 2020 Swapping

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday October 30, 2020

We had a nice walk this morning and ran into both Charlie and Negro again.  I think it is neat how Charlie comes to the fence for a chin and neck rub every morning.  He, and Negro, add a little warmth to our morning walk.  We just got to our last corner and it began a small rain so we got lucky today.

At 8:30am Claudia came with a sick dog from the Animal Park they call Nina as well.  They simply have no imagination with names.  This dog reminded me of Cafe, and a little of Rocas too, because of her problems.  We took her to the vet John Faber for a consultation and it was determined that she also needs a round of chemotherapy, poor thing.  I must say the the chemotherapy used by John is very effective on the dogs.

On the way back, we stopped at Berthold and Zenaida's German cafe Vollkorn.  It so happened that lots of their German and Swiss friends were there, including Wolf and Fabiola.  I had their curried sausage in tomato sauce which I like very much (7,000 pesos, or $1.80 USD).  This is also what I would order for watching the Formula 1 race tomorrow at 7am.

Cristina has been exclusively using the main social bathroom for a long while now, which was "my" bathroom since we came here.  I asked her why and she said she liked it better than the ensuite (which is actually larger) and had a lot of her cosmetic needs cluttering my space.  So I suggested swapping bathrooms and she agreed so I moved all her stuff there and I took over the ensuite.  There is more water pressure in the ensuite so I like it better, plus it has a bigger shower area and more privacy... so we are both happy.  

This made me think of childhood interactions with my younger brother when I had the old balloon-tire hand-me-down bike which I babied while he had a new model which he abused.  He wanted to switch so I said OK and proceeded to clean up his bike so it looked like new again.  Then, of course, he wanted to switch back...  That's OK, I had the only balloon tire Firestone bike in town, so I felt privileged.  It was used by my oldest brother Fern and he was a careful guy too.  I also had Fern's old baseball glove for 63 years until I gave it up in the move to South America.  That old leather would always respond beautifully to saddle soap and come back just like new.  You couldn't give me one of the new, stiff, unpadded gloves.  I only remember ever missing one catch with that beauty.  I hope that it is being cared for by whoever in the family has it.

Both hummingbird feeders were empty so I did a refill of mostly white sugar with a dash of brown sugar.  I was worried that Tom was abandoning me but he came back immediately and that makes me a happy camper.   Life without the dogs or Tom Thumb would be boring indeed.

Our flowers are another delight at the moment as everything wants to bloom.  The intermittent rains sure help.

30.2C or 86.3F at 5pm in the house, one hour before dark.  I could not survive here without the 9 different fans we use as necessary.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Yes, yet another dog named Nina

Poor thing looks in pain

She needs chemotherapy

They have good food at Berthold's cafe

Cristina's new bathroom

My new bathroom, more privacy, I am happy.

Multi-coloured rosebud

Bougainvillea

Peach rose

Peach rosebud

White rosebud

Tom is a sight for sore eyes.

I hope he likes this nectar mix well.

He gave me a pretty good shot here.

 

 

 

Fin