Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thursday July 25, 2019 Lunch


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday July 25, 2019
We were invited by David & Irma to meet them to go for lunch at 11:30.  While waiting I contacted Ted's Electronics in New York, who royally screwed up my Nikon order on eBay and offered an insulting $5 credit to pay for their mistakes, plural....  I asked for Paul, supposedly the Customer Service Supervisor.  He was out for an hour.  I called after an hour, Paul was not available, but I spoke to Rachel, supposedly another CS Supervisor.  She had read all the emails, correspondence, and such and confirmed they had screwed up, sorry for the inconvenience.  We no longer have the lens you ordered...  I left her with yet another chance to review things and find a way to make things right.
We went in David's comfy car to a restaurant called ChijilasCa Selecto.  This had been recommended to them by Berthold and they had sampled it a few days before and been impressed.  Now it was our turn to be impressed.  The meal, from the creamed corn soup, to the orange chicken with mashed potatoes, salad and tree tomato juice, to the delicious wet marble cake was a delight.  The price was very reasonable too.  They are only open for lunch and do a booming business so it was necessary to get there before noon to be seated.  They are now recorded on my WhatsApp maps.
Then Cristina wanted to go to La Herradura for some running shoes on special.  She likes shoes,... and specials.  She is a good shopper and found 2 pairs for $15 each.   
We also scouted 6-burner stove prices but we will wait until somebody has a discount before committing.  Our present stove is just too small and the undiscounted new stove prices are too high.
I got home to a shake-my-head message from Ted's offering me now a $20 credit for sending me a vastly inferior lens and forgetting to send 2 other smaller items alone worth more than the $20.  Another ridiculous insult...!!!  I kept my cool and again kindly offered them a nice easy solution where everybody wins and now I await their reply.   I expect crummy customer service here in South America, that is their culture, but not in the US or Canada.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
Another nice lunch with David & Irma

This is the place

Cristina's new runners = $30 total

Can't beat clothing prices in Colombia

The dogs are always happy to see us

They are such a good group overall

I love them all