Friday, July 12, 2019

Weds-Thursday July 10-11, 2019 Banking


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Weds-Thursday July 10-11, 2019
Thewhole day Wednesday was at home, getting caught up on small things and catching some extra sleep.
I was determined not to let that bad Seagate Slim external harddrive go to waste.  I formatted the darn thing, then downloaded some backups to it.  Now it is in dead storage..
I tried an app on the cel to listen to audiobooks and started the first 5 or 6 chapters of Hound Of The Baskervilles.  I found myself reading along anyway and then falling asleep while listening.  It also quickly drained my phone battery to empty.  I guess that I won't be doing that without being plugged in.  And I think my WiFi dropped somehow so I was using my Data...

Thursday morning we dropped off my computer for switching over the SSD harddrive to be primary in the new computer.   Then we walked to Bancolombia.  We did not have to wait long this time and the fellow checked and said that the money had not arrived.  Their troubleshooter tried to reach their transfer service unsuccessfully while I called CIBC and they started an enquiry into it.  (Later, I checked my Bancolombia account online and the money had been deposited on the 9th, Tuesday...  So all that work was for naught, probably my fault, and Bancolombia is as inefficient as usual). 
We returned for the computer and had the tech check my bank of 4 extra 3.1 USB ports on the old computer which were not working.  He said they somehow were disconnected from the power..?? WTF.  So I had him transfer them as well to the new computer and we got a power splitter to accomplish this.  We tested them there, and they worked...  He showed me the new HD monitor and keyboard and mouse as well.  So now I have a faster computer with lots of memory.   I got home and worked on different things until my mouse and keyboard went silent.  Yes, they were both plugged into that old bank of 3.1 USB's which is again not working, and it definitely isn't because the power was disconnected.
Later Aram came over and I worked on a couple of photos to show him the work I do.  Then we watched a movie which he borrowed to try to show Liliana at home, but it turns out they don't have any DVD players...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Our version of "His Master's Voice"

10 very patient dogs

The new work machine...

The new HD monitor