Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Tuesday-Wednesday July 23-24, 2019 Scenery


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday-Wednesday July 23-24, 2019
Yesterday we did a little shopping in the late morning, mostly livers for the dogs, then a few items from Dollar City, again mostly for the dogs.
When I got home I was stewing about joining a Facebook "Bourassa Family" page and took the plunge.  One lady was looking for info on an Ed Bourassa and had a photo from the 70's but I had no luck in my searches to help her.
That got me digging into my family tree and information on my parents' families.  I had old lists that I had compiled and they were sadly lacking information and needed updating.  So I did a lot of digging and came up with almost everything I needed.
Both my parents are Bourassa's, a generation apart, about fifth cousins, so the family tree gets interesting.  There were the two largest families in Radville, Saskatchewan, - the Bourassa's and the Fradette's.  Intermarriage between the two groups was rampant.  Dad's family alone married 3 Bourassa's and 5 Fradettes (out of 16 children)!  Mom's family was 17 children, her Mom was a Fradette (married at 16 years of age) and Mom married my widowed Dad with 3 children, and helped out with 7 more.  
I also tried to update all the genealogy I have in a Latter Day Saints program only to find that I can view, but not amend, my data...   Grrrrr.  
We had a guy come and do a gas inspection at the house, apparently required every 5 years.  He did a lot of instrument checks, measurements, and more, scribbled a lot and said we will pay for this on our next bill.

Today I worked to finish the genealogy and needed the timely help of my sister to finish the puzzle.  Then I shared it with the family.
I tried to find some other programs to open and amend the LDS PAF files of mine.  I was successful in opening them, but not amending them, so I am no further ahead.  An old Radville resident, Jim Church, also a former Hanley resident, who lives in Saskatoon had a daughter marry a Fradette boy, so we are shirt-tail related now.  His Dad was one of the few friends of my hermit uncle Lindorf Jr, and Jim is the fellow that got me onto that LDS program but he hadn't been on Facebook since June.  I finally managed to reach him though and he has given me a link that I will try soon.
Then Cristina and I went for a short road trip up into the east mountains above Tulua to test the Nikon on scenery...  We were risking blustery skies and minimal sun.  Again, I only have the 18-55mm lens but that was adequate for today, except for the final hawk shot where I needed the big zoom on the Lumix...  
I am very happy with the outcome, n'est-ce-pas???   I am not bothering with captions.
I am still having trouble with the silly vendor that I bought the camera from.  The gal in their service department must be the owner's daughter or the dumbest blond alive.  How they ever maintain a 100% rating on eBay is beyond me.  She screwed up my order after I sent it TWICE in writing, and we discussed it verbally.  Now I have to jump through hoops to correct her mistakes, plural...   GRRRRRRRR
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 








































Taken long range with the Lumix at full zoom