Saturday, July 13, 2019

Friday July 13, 2019 Microsoft


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday July 13, 2019
I walked the dogs as usual, did all the chores then crashed until noon.  Today is another recharge day, although I seem to find things that stress me out continuously.
After lunch I chopped up my heads of cabbage from Exito and was quite inpressed with their quality and freshness.  I hadn't seen nice heads of cabbage like this in a long time.  I chopped the green first, then the red, then put them in my containers.  Those 2 small heads are good for 9 suppers for me.  
Then Cristina mentioned she had plucked a few ripe oranges and she wanted some juice made.  She doesn't like using the juicer so I am elected.  My arms and hands are really acting up today, ...time for the TENS machine...  Wait a minute..  Oh yeah, the TENS does provide almost instant relief...  Anyway, all them oranges and we barely got 2 liters of juice.  Darn good juice though...

I had thought that I had solved the Windows 10 activation problem yesterday but the message came back today on my Desktop.  After trying several avenues again I decided that I had nothing to lose by contacting Microsoft.  The original computer was 2011, bought in early 2012 running Windows XP if I recall.  I changed later to Windows 7 and loved it.  Then it was switch to Windows 10 or lose all Microsoft support.... (My old laptop is still on Win 7).  An acquaintance said that Win 10 was almost the same as Win 7 and that he had had no problems, so I upgraded while it was free.  If I recall it wasn't that big a problem at the time.
Fast forward to 3 years ago or so when the same fellow recommended getting an SSD hard drive.  I did some research and ordered one.  I had a reliable tech in Cuenca install that properly.  In all this time I had no great issues with Win 10.
Now I just switched the SSD hard drive to a new computer and Windows decides to give me grief.  Nothing has changed, I just got some new hardware.  So today I actually get to email chat with a techie for Microsoft named Aldrin in the Philipines.  He is nice and helpful but the tries to follow the company line to upsell and soak a consumer, $200 for a business Product key or $139 for a personal one.  Initially he said that that was our only option to continue with Win dows 10.  You can see by the screenshots of our chat that I flatly refused to be extorted.  Then the tune changed and he found a way to digitally register me.  When I check in the acivation section of Settings, it says that I am not activated, but the message on the screen is gone.  I try the new product key and it won't accept, but everything is fine otherwise so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie for now.  I can always re-contact them later.  They have given me a file to refer to.
So my old adage of "If you don't ask, you don't get.." runs true once more.

I got another update on the travel of my new Nikon...  It has gone from 2 places in New York to New Jersey, then Ohio and now Kentucky....  Eventually we hope it will arrive at our door.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
 
The green cabbage is below, and that is a huge bowl

3 containers = 9 meals for me.  I never tire of it.

All these oranges...

and we get about 2L of juice only

Extortion attempt

Oh, but they do have other options now