Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday July 27, 2019 Tom/Dancing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday July 27, 2019
It is Saturday and a warm, sunny day it is.  We always rush the morning chores because it is the dreaded garbage day (meaning I have the backyard poop patrol).  Then back to bed it was.
Cristina made a couple of trips with Sara to the Animal Park.  I gather that people have dumped another puppy and more kittens on them.  It gives Cristina pleasure to help the animals in need, especially helpless babies so it is a useful and rewarding hobby.
I went to move one of the dog blankets and it flipped open to reveal one of these large spiders.  They are harmless, just huge and scary, so I don’t want them in the house.  I carried it over to the other side of the yard and let it climb the wall while I took some photos.
I was using the handy Lumix and the birds were active so I decided to try a couple of shots.  These are what is left of 49 shots, many duplicates on rapid-fire and mostly bad, grainy shots.  I wasted a lot of shots on Tom Thumb and was not happy with my shots, as you can see.
After a quick nap I saw the sunshine on the feeders so I went in to grab the Nikon, which meant instant shade as soon as I did.  However, I waited out the cloud and stood within 3’ of the feeders and stood as still as I could.  Tom is getting accustomed to the idea now.  I took another 115 shots and you can see the results.  Not perfect but a lot better than the others. 
I was almost finished that batch of photos when Cristina returned from her 3rd trip to the Animal Park and informed me that the Andalucia International Dance Festival was happening in minutes, so I quickly grabbed the Canon and the Nikon and we found seating on the concrete near the center.  The closer shots are with the Canon, and the farther away shots are with the Nikon at full zoom.  You can see the superiority of the Nikon for low light shots,  Both cameras were on the Sports setting because of the motion, no flashes.  Honestly, I thought the dancing was mostly terrible, unimaginative, and boring.  We watched about 5 countries, 2 dances each and I had to get off that concrete while I still could….
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
 
I do not like spiders









Nina

Finch
Finches

Princesa

Negrita

Tom Thumb with Lumix










Tom Thumb with the Nikon, cropped



Our big wasps














Add caption


Add caption

Wasp again

These flowers are about 1cm wide.  Very tiny.







NeNe has a swollen right front foot


2 hummers!

2 hummers

2 hummers








This is an annual International dance festival in our little town

Argentina I think - with Canon

Argentina - with Nikon

Peru

Peru

Venezuela

Venezuela

Venezuela

Venezuela

Panama, I think

Panama

Panama

Don't remember

Lots of dancers waiting

Don't remember