Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday July 19, 2019 New Nikon


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday July 19, 2019
Happy 22nd Birthday to my grandson Dawson.  
I awoke to a notice that my new Nikon had been "delivered" in Cali....  That freaked me out a bit.  I contacted the seller and they said that it was just transferred to another carrier.  Whew!
Then RedBubble glitched on me this morning again making me re-do an hour's work.  I am never happy with such glitches.
So the day was spent awaiting the delivery of the camera, never wanting to stray from either a view of the doorway or the sound of the doorbell.  I spent some time cleaning my other 3 cameras.  Therefore my regular nap in the main bedroom was not possible so I just rested my eyes in the recliner with the dogs taking turns in my lap.
Finally, at 5pm, a motorcycle pulls up outside with my package.  Jeepers, anybody could have said they were me and signed for it.  He did not request identification or anything, just asking if I was from the US...
Opening the package confirmed my worst fears.  They screwed up 3 things on the order and sent me the wrong zoom lens that I have been salivating after.  I am almost 70 years old, so anti-shake lenses are going to be a must soon.  I am so upset.   I tried calling the vendor but they close at 1pm on Fridays, so I sent a descriptive email with the photos that follow.  They are very protective of their 100% satisfaction rating so I am hoping they will just send me the right lens.  I really don't want to have to mail this other one back..  Customs and duties will be tricky.
So I cleaned this camera and was not going to use it until tomorrow but Cristina and Claudia had come in with Claudia's pretty niece, Geraldine, so they begged me to take some photos of her.  I took the four photos below then showed off the power of Smart Photo Editor and PhotoShop.  The photos were not without a little graininess, being inside flash shots, but that was easily overcome.  They were very happy with the ultimate outcome.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start

I sent these photos to the vendor with my notes

and my questions

They skipped 2 small items

and sent me the WRONG main lens

Geraldine is a pretty girl

She is as sweet as she looks

Very respectful

and interested in photography

She sent me a Thank You for this one that I sent to her