Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday July 22, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday July 22, 2019
The morning was again dominated by running animals to the vet.  By 7am we were meeting some woman at the central park here to take her sick (pregnant or tumors, not sure) to Dr John Rojas.  Oh, but, on the way, we had to make a side trip to the refuge near Adiela's to pick up another adoptee puppy for sterilization too...  The surprises did not stop there.
Adiela met us at the vet and it was decided that we were buying them breakfast at their favourite Flintstone restaurant.  It is Miguel's 66th birthday so a small outing was in order.  His health is mostly iffy the past 6 months and I worry about him.  We had to go pick up him and Adiela because his old Mazda is having major problems.  For some reason, they all like the offering of scrambled eggs with tomatoes, rice, a spoonful of salad and a cold baked potato.  It was good that Cristina and I were only sharing one of these because I could never have stomached a whole plate.
Then we were heading for our grocery run, but no, we had to take Mom, Ana Julia, for a haircut, back where we just came from, where we have to park 2 blocks away....  I said no, we will take her to LA14 for her haircut while we do our grocery shopping.  Then the complaint was that the price was 20,000 pesos (about $6.30)!   Good grief.  Anyway, it worked out, and she got a nice haircut.  The grocery selection was not the greatest.  It would be better to shop later in the day after they had a chance to put out more fresh merchandise.  They had no green cabbage and no granadillas.
We are dropping off Ana Julia and then it was asked by Adiela if we could go get another dog at the refuge to go to the vet because it was sprinkling a little...  By now I am getting a little weary of all the surprises.  Thankfully the refuge folks found another option.
So we stopped at the cemetery to adjust some flowers and came home.  I finished my chores and had problems today with Fine Art America being glitchy.  Then we had a nap, skipping any lunch. 
After an hour or so I got up and took the Nikon D5600 and stood closer to the feeders.  Tom Thumb, the Tyrian Metaltail version, did not mind my closeness after a few test passes.  I swear that he is even smaller than my thumb.  
The good news is that I am getting the hang of the Nikon settings and I am not at all displeased with my shots today, even though I didn't have the light I wanted.  They are far from perfect, but it is quite a while since I have taken so many decent shots of Tom.  Because of the small lens, I am still shooting comparatively far away so all the photos are cropped.  I have yet to hear from the vendor about replacing the big lens.
Then it was time to chop up the 2 small heads of red cabbage.  This was enough for 7.5 meals.  I shared the 1.5 one with Cristina.
It rained pretty good at 4pm again so I quickly had all the fans running to cool the house down.  We had one thunderclap that sent most of the animals scurrying for cover.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Another lovely puppy getting ready for adoption

Happy 66th Miguel

Adiela and Miguel

I won't bother captioning the rest of these










































Love this new camera!

Love my cabbage salads