Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday July 21, 2019 Testing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday July 21, 2019
The upcoming sunrise while walking the dogs promised to be low, but beautiful, so I came back out with the new Nikon.  The camera is not perfect by any stretch but it is overall better than anything I have had previously.  Right now I am restricted by the use of the 18-55mm lens only.  When a person is accustomed to an 18-270mm, that is quite a demotion.
However this little thing has an amazing flash, rivaling my best Sony, and its shots in low light are unbeatable.  So I spent the day taking shots of different things to acclimatize myself with its functions.  I even actually read the instruction manual.
I got photos of birds on the wires, the dogs sleeping, and a couple of episodes with Tom Thumb.  I am not happy yet with my Tom photos but then it was cloudy, and he was far away, so I shouldn't expect miracles for focusing.  I got a kite high enough to be with the vultures, and also a flight of parrots.
Cristina and I both just relaxed all day otherwise.  The temp reached 33.4 in the house and this is supposed to be our winter season!  I may have to start doing cold meals to show her the difference in temperatures when she cooks in the morning and the house just doesn't recover...   
Finally it clouded over by 5pm and we just had a good rainstorm.  It has been pretty dry for days so a good drenching was needed and the temperature is slowly dropping.  The fans are all on high to hasten the action.  The temp dropped 5 degrees Celsius in an hour,.. not bad!
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher with another bird above her

2 Finches in the rats nest of wires in front of the house

The sunrise as seen down our street

The sunrise at the central park

The church spire is hidden in the palms
A little better view of the spire

Quietly beautiful, but looking east

Much more spectacular looking north

Front and back of a pair of Kiskadees

I refilled all the feeders this AM for Tom and friends

This tiny zoom just doesn't cut it
Tom is still handsome though

Rex in a very relaxed sleep position

Cafe is usually curled up here

Buddy will sleep anywhere, even the open floor

Nina is never far from me

 A flight of noisy parrots

A kite high up with the vultures

I caught Tom watching the kite too

Tom likes the feeders

Tom is always, especially around near sunset

Heavy rain will green things up in a hurry

Rainstorms are usually intense, but short duration